Chapter 12 - Trial

"Okay, Bell, spit it."

"Eek!"

Currently, Bell was being interrogated by Alfia as soon as he returned to his home at dawn.

When he opened the door, He immediately notices something was not right as the air feels heavy. A quiver ran through Bell's shoulder. His face tightening as he saw a woman was standing with a smile that doesn't reach her eyes.

He found Alfia was staring furiously at him with Artemis suddenly said

"I think I'm gonna wash the dish," and left the room instantly.

"Where did you go to last night?"

"I.. Went to apologize to Syr!"

"And then, I don't think apologizing would take one night? Did you sleep with the waitress there?"

"N-No!"

Bell replied with a flushed face. The idea of sleeping with Syr popped into his mind. He imagined Syr was wearing sexy clothes and whispered "Bell-san" in his ear.

He gulped at the prospect and quickly erased the idea as he shakes his head.

"Then where did you go after that?"

"Umm... Syr told me that I should test out my magic in the dungeon-"

"Wait, without armor and weapon?"

Alfia cut in before Bell could finish his word. He nods with anxiety-filled on his face.

Alfia then sighed

"Alright, but don't do that again. One day you will get yourself killed going to the dungeon without proper equipment."

Bell's face relaxed as he hears that. He breathed a sigh of relief.

"Now, Bell, I suddenly need to leave the town."

"Eh, Why!?"

Alfia revelation shocked Bell as he jumped from the chair and asked with a panicked voice.

"Calm down. It's just temporary."

Alfia then revealed an envelope that she held with her right hand.

"Found this when I was sweeping my familia's treasury, my goddess told me to visit her in another town."

"Is that so... Ah, I never ask about it, but which familia did Alfia belong to? Is it a strong familia!?"

Bell was relieved when he hears that, then he suddenly remembers something important. He never really knew Alfia's background because every time he asked that, she would not answer and told him to not prying further. He expected no answer too on this question, but on the contrary.

Alfia smiled bitterly at Bell's question as she gazed outside the window.

"Our familia was ruined already. Maybe I'll tell you one day after you got stronger, Bell."

Bell didn't expect that Alfia would answer his question.

"How long will you be out for Alfia?"

Artemis came back from the backroom after she judged the situation is safe.

"1 month probably, She said she's waiting at Altena."

Altena, the country that was known as a great magic country located far away from Orario. It got that name because the country was filled with famous magic users thorough the generation, such as the Sage. Their knowledge about magic is also top tier.

"Then, take the spear with you."

Alfia then nodded at Artemis's suggestion to take her spear then she opened her mouth.