Chapter 21 : Admiration, Past, Promise

"L...evel....6?"

It happened when Bell was about to report his daily progress to Eina. When he entered the guild, his attention was directed to the bulletin board flocked by adventurers.

Various important announcement and missions are renewed daily. So if many adventurers are looking at it, it would mean there's an important announcement.

Bell walked closer to the bulletin board

"Excuse me, please let me through."

One after another, adventurers reluctantly moved from their spot.

There was a big poster in the middle of the board, and when Bell was able to see the poster, he widened his eyes.

It was someone he knew, specifically his new teacher that was beating him every day.

[Sword Princess] Aiz Wallenstein

Levelled up to 6.

"L...evel.... 6?"

"Ah, Bell-kun, what's wrong? Did you came to report your progress?"

Eina came with a stack of papers.

"Ein...a-san, this information...." Bell pointed his finger at the paper he just looked at.

"Ahh, yes, it's crazy, huh... It seems that Aiz Wallenstein defeated a monster rex by herself."

"M-Monster Rex..."

Bell knows that term. It's a title for floor boss. A gigantic strong monster that can make adventurers tremble just by looking at it. He hasn't seen one for himself since the first monster rex is placed on floor 18. Still, from the rumour only, many adventurers lost their life to monster rex, and it's impossible to beat monster rex alone.

"S-She defeated it alone...?"

"Seems so... Don't compare yourself to her, okay Bell, this is by no means normal. Heck, this is the first time I ever see something like this! Normally you need many people to beat monster rex. Aiz Wallenstein is just on another whole level!"

"..............."

[Bell PoV: Side in]

It probably began at that moment.

On that fateful day, I was exploring the dungeon. At that time, I don't know why I stepped on floor 5. But looking back at it, it must have been fate directing me to that floor.

It was my first time on that floor when suddenly A minotaur came running at me.

I don't know what kind of monster it was. I tried to fight it back with my sword, only to get instant defeat and was about to get killed by that monster.

Suddenly, a person appeared in front of me.

Golden eyes.

A shock ran through me. I don't know if it's fear or not, but the dark dungeon seemed to shine at that moment.

At that time, My primal instinct was telling me I fell in love with this person.

This person's name is Aiz Wallenstein. She's an executive of the city's largest familia, Loki Familia.

She is also known as the [Sword Princess], one of the strongest adventurers in this town.

In contrast, I'm just a newbie who came to this city with Alfia and Goddess Artemis. I, who just lost my grandpa, decided to heed his words, to search for a new life and chase my dream at Orario, the city of heroes.