Chapter 16: Trial Lefiya and Bell Side

Without any trouble, Bell and Lefiya arrived at floor 10.

But, unfortunately, because the whole area was shrouded in white mist, Bell couldn't see the dungeon's layout properly.

"It's difficult to see..." said Bell.

Eina has told Bell prior about the white mist of floor 10th and what kind of monster would appear there. But He couldn't keep his surprise from showing.

"On floors 11 and 12, the white mist will get thicker."

Lefiya, who, of course, already experienced it beforehand, explained to Bell.

"It should be night already, but are you still able to fight Bell?" Asked Lefiya, she observed Bell from head to toe. There are no particular wounds or signs of tiredness from Bell despite his first time going to floor 10. But just in case, she tried asking him.

"Yes, I can still go on longer."

"Good, let's get used to seeing monsters in this area first, Bell."

They both spend the following few hours hunting monsters they saw on this floor.

While Bell fought the new monsters he hadn't fought before, Lefiya kept teaching about the monsters' weakness.

For example, since it has a large body and moves slowly, Lefiya stated that orc would be the simplest monster for Bell to defeat on this level. So as long as he isn't attacked from behind. Or get encircled by a swarm of orcs. He should be okay.

"HEAAA!"

The first orc was beaten in a parry fight between the orc's cub and Bell's sword.

"Bell! It's dangerous to fight like that! What would you do if your sword was shattered!" Lefiya shrieked after she saw Bell charged blindly at the orc.

"Sorry!"

Bell apologized and ran into the second orc.

This time he dodged the cub and slashed the orc.

He then saw a group of orcs coming at him.

He ran to the group of the orcs and swung his hand while he shouts.

"Firebolt!"

He aimed his magic to the ground, and it caused the earth to explode and a shockwave to the nearby orcs.

While the orcs were trying to keep their balance, Bell appeared behind their back and slashed every single one of them.

This was something that he learned from his training with Alfia. Every normal firebolt that he shot always got dispelled by Alfia. He discovered that his firebolt can be used this way out of frustration, prompting Alfia to praise him.

On the other hand, the elf who was observing the white-haired human was taken aback.

(W-What the hell is that adaptability?! It's too fast!)

Just after the first encounter with the orc, the elf thought that this boy would die somewhere in the dungeon in the near future for reckless fighting against an opponent he doesn't know yet. But after the second and third time he fought the same monster, he started to develop his method, entirely adapting to the creature's attack pattern and analyzing their weakness.

(Is this person a battle maniac?! How broken would this character be if he acquired hunter skill?)

Then Lefiya began to teach him about the remaining monster on this floor. The small Imp that always moves within its pack and Bad bat can cause a problem if adventurers get surrounded by monsters and bad bat.