Chapter 18: Doubt and first training

"After taking into account the recent earthquake, we decided to continue our expedition plan."

Finn said as he scanned the faces of Loki's family.

"The expedition you guys are waiting for is set for 8 days from now!!! Are you guys ready!!!??"

Loki announced in the dining hall of Twilight manor, the base of Loki Familia.

"""WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"""

The whole room erupted in unison.

Except for two girls, One is a golden-haired girl who is spacing out.

Second is the orange-haired girl beside the golden-haired girl.

One might argue that the second female was more disoriented than the golden-haired girl. As there was no sign of enthusiasm on her face. Her expression was sorrowful in several ways.

Of course, this doesn't go unnoticed by everyone in Loki Familia.

Some of them attempted to ask her what was wrong, but all she said was, "I'm okay, don't worry about me."

"But, with that big earthquake today, are we going to be okay, Captain?"

A cat-woman raised her hand and asked the captain of Loki Familia, Finn Deimne, about a question. She is Anakitty Autumn, one of the most prominent new blood in Loki Familia.

"Of course, the sudden earthquake is concerning. Adventurers that were down there said the earthquake might have originated from the dungeon and all the upper floor monsters went down in a frenzied state. The guild requested us to investigate this along with our expedition."

=

After returning from the guild, Lefiya was spacing out all the time.

When she greeted Riveria, who was waiting for her in front of the gate. When she took a bath. Even when she was having dinner right now, not once did she move her spoon to her mouth.

"Hey... Lefiya? Seriously, what's wrong with you?"

Tione was the one who broke the silence.

"...Tione-san? I'm fine...."

"You... look at you now, there's no way you're fine, right? You suddenly disappeared and returned today only to space out all the time."

The matter of Lefiya assisting Bell was only known to the Loki Familia's executive and Aiz, who followed them. Riveria told the other members that she went to train.

"Lefiya... What's wrong?.... Do you want to eat?..."

Aiz beside her asked her in a worried tone, then Tiona signaled her to feed Lefiya with the spoon Aiz's holding in her hand.

Aiz took a spoon of her soup and directed it in front of Lefiya's mouth.

The normal Lefiya would usually cry out in joy at that moment and open her mouth in ecstasy. But this time, she just looked down, worse tears began to stream down from her eyes.

"L-Lefiya!?" Tiona cried out, prompting everyone that was worried about Lefiya now glanced at her.

"..H-Huh...? Why am... I? Sorry, I'm excusing myself..!"

Lefiya rose up and left the place.

"T-That's not the normal Lefiya, alright." Tiona sighs.

"You guys, what happened here? Why is everyone so quiet? Where's Lefiya?"

Riveria came and sat at the place where Lefiya sat before.