Chapter 23 Final Day

"Alfia! Look at this!"

I forgot exactly when that was.

I think it was somewhere when I had just got appointed as the new executive of my familia.

"This staff is passed down in my family...."

"...Did you steal your family heirloom?"

I was taken aback momentarily. This Elf named Cecilia in front of me suddenly showed me an antique staff. These eyes don't have beauty value, but even an amateur like me knows that this isn't your ordinary staff.

She is akin to my teacher, even though she doesn't hold the title executive, she is revered as one of the important figures in Hera familia. She is something like the brain of Hera Familia.

"No! The staff talked to me in my dream!"

"...Talked?"

I raised my eyebrow, can the staff talk?

As a member of Hera familia, I already saw many anomalies, and a talking staff won't surprise me.

"The day before I set out to Orario, I had this weird dream that the staff asked me to take it to Orario! The dream feels very real, and by the time I knew I had already arrived in Orario with this staff."

"I see..."

"This staff is special."

"Yes, this staff contains an oath from an Elf that name has been erased from the history... that's why...Someday when the time is right, will you listen to my favor?"

Time passed, and before I realized it, She was standing in front of me again, this time with a desperate face.

=

"You improved quite a bit in just a week, well done."

Alfia declared that in front of Lefiya, who was now lying on the ground.

"Thank...you very...much," She replied erratically.

"Though you still need a long way to go if you want to impress me."

Lefiya looked mortified for a second before opening her mouth.

"...Was everyone in Hera familia as strong as you?"

"That shouldn't be the case, but our weakest member will definitely beat you in 1 minute."

"KHHH" Groaned her.

Even until the last day, Lefiya has not managed to land a hit on Alfia.

Every magic that she cast, no matter how fast, will get erased instantly.

If we look at it objectively, Lefiya improved drastically in just one week. Still, no matter how much she improved, a 4-level difference is not something that can be covered in just 1-week training.

"But, don't get me wrong, Elf."

"Eh?"

Lefiya looked up at the sudden word from Alfia.

"Aside from Bell, your growth is one of the fastest that I have ever seen with these eyes."

"But, I never managed to hit Artia-san even once."

"You fool, magic will never hit me as long as I'm awake, just be proud of your achievement."

"Y-Yes!?"

"Since this is our last day, I have something for you, wait here."

Alfia went back to the church, leaving Lefiya alone outside.