Chapter 13 - Trial - Day 1

The sky was still dark, as if the sun was still sleeping. The ever-bustling Orario that dawn was different than usual as Bell and Lefiya didn't see a single soul on the street. His ears couldn't detect any noise other than their footsteps. The eerie state of Orario that morning instilled a sense of uneasiness in Bell's heart, and his mind is telling him to go back to his home. An invisible hand seems like dragging Bell's foot and making it heavier for him to keep walking. Still, he shook his head to disperse that feeling and put a stronger force on his legs to walk.

They shortly arrived at Babel, a tower that pierced the sky. Bell tried to see the top of the tower. He keeps looking from the bottom structure then up towards the sky until his vision of the tower was blocked by the cloud. Between the cloud, he saw the sun was trying to pierce this land.

Under the entrance, Bell saw a familiar figure wearing a robe, Alfia. She is holding a spear that belongs to Artemis.

Once upon a time, Bell asked why Alfia always holding that spear at least once per day. At that time, Alfia responded.

"Without this spear's help, I would have died from my sickness already."

Alfia never told what kind of sickness she has, but Bell faintly remembers that Alfia would often cough blood in the past.

Ever since Artemis came, Alfia stopped coughing blood.

Does that spear have some kind of healing power? Thought Bell.

Lefiya instantly pouted when she saw that figure as her pointy ears go down. She feels like her head boiling when she remembers how this boy's mother wouldn't help her son.

Alfia noticed that from a distance and sighed. She more or less probably known what that Elf thinking right now.

"You're that Elf from Loki familia, huh."

Alfia said while taking a glance at Lefiya and nodded.

(Her feelings and actions don't match, She being the supporter of this trial, might be devised by either that pallum or the granny Elf. At least they are thinking about Bell's growth.)

"Good morning. Thanks for saving me the other day." Lefiya bowed, she tried to speak as much as politely as she can, but she can't deny that a part of her is irritated with her.

"Say it when you really mean it, Elf." She sighed once again

"Eh, saving? What do you mean?" Asked Bell

"Your mother saved me on the monsterphilia Bell."

"Is that so? Thank you very much, mother, for saving Lefiya."

"Just happened to be on the scene. Let's get back on the topic. Here's the content of the trial Bell."

Alfia handed a paper stating the details and conditions for the trial.

Bell took the paper, and both of them peeked at the content.

- Bell and his party need to reach at least floor 10 on the first day and camped there for 3 days.

- Bell's partner will be the supporter and try not to assist Bell as much as possible

- This trial will fail if one of them leaves the dungeon before 3 days.

- In the case of the dungeon trembles greatly and juggernaut appeared, this trial is voided. Both Bell and his partner are to run as fast as possible from the dungeon.