39: Faces with Past Traces

=================

Saint Louis is slowly making her way to the Commander's office for some huge news. She had to answer to all current factions in the base for the news, and she just compiled and ready to tell Caster about it.

The news might be the biggest yet for the benefit of the Coalition.

But before she can get in the office, she peeked into the window, in which Caster is there, sitting in his lonesome, writing again on his book. Every time she sees it, her curiosity on the importance of it grows. But she's here for one thing.

The door opens, and the unsuspecting Caster got startled at the visitor he has today. He gave her a questioning look.

"Commander, I have major news." She stated, as she sat down next to the desk. "I just got this news from Independence, who couldn't be here for this news due to personal reasons."

Any major news, or any news, can get Caster interested. As for the past few days now felt too normal, nothing's changing. In his thoughts, he would sometimes think that he's living the same day multiple times. Very unsurprising, his lone thoughts are really getting him now. Moreover, he got worried about what 'personal reasons' mean for Independence's absence. But he kept his attention to the news.

"Girls from all factions have gone on to have a verbal agreement since yesterday."

"All current reports from other Factions, Eagle Union, Sakura Empire, and Royal Navy, and the Ironblood... Are all having a single unified move."

"Almost all the ships, are mobilizing... Here."

=================

"Commander... Wake up."

Caster woke up in cold sweat, he looked down on what it's supposed to be his bed. But it's a bench.

His eyes were foggy, and him also yawning, he wiped his eyes to get a better view on where he is. He took a look around, this is not his office, he's outside.

The scene was beautiful, a dazzling sunrise was on the horizon, the sounds of the waves crashing on the borders of the island he's standing on, and the winds complimented everything else, it felt so... Zen.

For him, this is a good of a landscape you can get anywhere. Nothing can topple this. But then he realized something. This is too good to be real. And he definitely slept in a bed, not a bench.

He then started to slap himself, trying to wake himself up if this was a dream. No effect.

But then a presence behind him made him more aware. Even as he was half-awake.

"Who's there? From the voice from earlier, is it you, Enterprise?" Caster tried guessing without even bothering to try to turn around to see her. Testing his own wits.

"Commander, how are you this good at knowing who's there."

"It's just self-awareness."

Caster looked at the sunrise, and he also assumed that Enterprise was doing the same, no words came after their prior statements, so it was a minute of this eerily comforting scene.

This could be many things he's experiencing. A vision from the Cube. A dream? Well, it was actually only 2 answers for his question. But as he wanted to expand his mind to think more possibilities, Enty spoke up.

"I have noticed that you have not been feeling well, I want answers to it. I want to help you." Her voice of concern reached Caster, he laid back at the bench and gave it a good minute of thinking...