25: Wonderful View (Special)

A-kun: As you can see, I'm truly sorry for the death of 2 innocent destroyers... I know, they didn't deserve it, but it was imminent. Again, that's just how war works. And I'm trying to capitalize on that one in the last chapter. 

Anyway, this chapter will be on the beaches. I'm going to make it up to you with fanservice galore. Anyway, let's start. 

=================

"Enterprise..." Caster plainly stated as he was closing into Enterprise. "Most Battle Stars are given in the pacific theater of World War 2. You had many nicknames in your time. A legend. A ship that cannot be sunk."

"Participated in countless battles, and lived through them all. And lost some friends along the way." He continued.  

"But your determination and your unyielding resolve brought you here. Alive. And you became a legendary figure among the girls."

"A light in the darkness. A leader among soldiers. But... It's lonely at the top. Right?" 

Enterprise only just turned around. Really surprised that he followed her here and his seemingly endless knowledge about her. 

Caster stood next to her. And he looked down on her. 

"You know, you're such a better warrior than I'll ever be... You can change fate. You can take down great threats. And you're the face of the new generation of Azur Lane. Bringing peace to the whole world. One battle at a time." 

And he finally sat down next to her. 

"But if you're sad like this, you really don't have to go through it all alone. That's being selfish." He told his intentions of coming here. 

And too far behind them, Belfast could be seen sitting on a railing of USS Enterprise. Overhearing the whole conversation. And her presence was almost non-existent in the air. With Caster's presence overwhelming the 2 shipgirl's presence. 

"You may not know this, I actually went through this 'phase' once before." He looked down on the ocean blue. 

"I was on a mission and... I was getting emails from terrorists that got my men. Torturing them on live camera." His face was slowly making a frown. 

"At first, I really wanted to get there and just kill all of them. My rage and sadness were blinding me."

"But at the time, I was getting chastised so much that my commanders at the time were having none of it. And they threatened me if I even try to do something very rash, I would get demoted back to a Private or maybe even kicked out of the military entirely." 

Enterprise wasn't sure about what he's getting at. But she kept on listening as it was surely intriguing knowing Commander Caster more on a personal level.

"My self-control and my mental toughness were getting tested.  And I wasn't doing a good job at it. So my subordinates really tried my best to keep me in check." 

=================

A long time ago. Sergeant Caster was in a run-down building in the middle of nowhere. Along with his remaining 4 comrades. They have survived another wave of enemy soldiers for the 4th day in a row. 

They were formerly 10 soldiers including our protagonist. But 6 of them got captured instead of killed. And the terrorists they were fighting were demanding a complete surrender or Caster's men would be tortured for 10 days and executed if they still wouldn't comply.