35: Secretary Woes (Special)

A-kun: I'm gonna be hella rusty with my writing. I'll try my damn best to catch up to the lost time and the wait I made you all do. Anyhow, let us start the chapter. 

=================

Days after the realization, Caster and the fleet are looking at a standstill. Which for right now, it's a good thing. Conflict is not in their best interest as of right now. Due to crippled morale, and Commander. 

The best thing that they can ask for right now is stagnation. A predictable schedule.

And Caster has been a good boy in a few days. Since nothing is bothering him, he has no reason to break any rule that the maids gave him.

And no visions in the few days also. He ironically kept away the white Wisdom Cube from him so he won't see those mind-melting vision for now. 

A-kun: Definitely not because this is a 'special' chapter. *cough*

Just like the past few days, he, Hood, and Wales, his temporary helper for paperwork, for now, are just again in his office, checking off paperwork. 

And a small pattern emerged in the days of stagnation. The time was closing into 10:30 AM. And at that point, the trio has already started to work on 4 hours' worth of paperwork. 

And here we are at the most recent point. It's currently breaktime, Hood and Wales got their well-deserved rest for now. As they are at the cafeteria. Leaving Caster alone with Belfast watching Caster eating his food. 

"Uh..." He fiddled with his fork, scraping it on the plate. 

The vegetables he got was tasting a little bit stale... And he didn't want it. 

And because Caster has seen Belfast get mad before, he's hesitant to tell her that the veggies are not up to standards. So he's currently looking for an alibi to escape this situation. 

In the corner of his eye, a book is in arms-reach. His eyes focused. A glance at Belfast, and the book. And once again. 

His position is making him very tense. So he leaned back on his chair. And he smoothly took the nearby book and started to look through it. 

"Oooh. Ironblood ship reports. Akashi doing god's work here." He casually said. As it got Belfast's attention.

"Master, are you finished with your food?" Belfast came near the Commander and tilted her head while walking there. 

He nodded. And then flipped a few pages to see Tirpitz's report. 

"Master... I'm sorry if I'm bothering you, but I forgot to tell you something." She said while looking through the still large pile of paperwork for the plate.

The statement widened Caster's eyes. A shiver throughout his body and his posture is back to its former tense position. And all focus lost on reading the book. 

"W-what is it...?" Caster said trying his damn best to keep his cool but his head is shaking a little bit at the question.

'My end is near... Her eyes just spot it immediately just like she spots dirt when she's cleaning my room.'

'I seriously hate this.' 

"It's a thing that I haven't told you since you got this position. And frankly, I feel like it's my fault for not telling you sooner," said Belfast as she got the plate. "And this might help you a lot as you are recovering, Master." 

Caster snapped back to his chill demeanor. And he was left a bit baffled with Belfast's statement. 'Something that I haven't learned yet? And can help me? Oh, please!'