2: A Soldier's Thought Process

A-kun: Didn't say this in the last chapter, my inspiration for making the book comes from Attackingoreos, FRG4402, and a Fanfiction.net writer named: PiedpiperofTamlyin.

=================

The Commander looked at the girl with worry, but he had more things to worry about. So many questions raced through his mind in break-neck speed as the guy just came out of the White House's ceremony and walking back to his car to go to his home and now he's here. In a completely new place.

Also, he was confused about why the girl in front of him said: "Y-you're here." Does he know her?

His mouth slightly opened, ready to ask one of the many, many questions but another volley of artillery just didn't want that to happen.

"W-why are you staring at me like that?" The girl said, looking away from Caster.

"I-I'm sorry-"

BOOM!

The ground rumbled now. And he had no choice now, he had to act now or they will be screwed by whatever it is that is aiming at their position.

Caster grabbed the girl onto his arms and carried her. As he ran as fast as he could through the forest and he weaves left and right to try to confuse the enemy artillery and make them miss. And he committed to the left side and to stay running and to conserve his stamina.

But the artillery shells just kept coming as one got near to them on his right side. And he finally got to the conclusion.

'I don't think they know where we are...' Caster thought, as he dodges trees.

The sounds were making it sound that the two were on an island or somewhere near the sea. As for the enemy though, he's still trying to guess how many ships that they are fired at them. Since he's inexperienced in maritime warfare, he just guessed a few destroyers and cruisers. Because that's literally all he knows about it. So much for being a Commander right?

As he was still thinking of ideas and plans to counter-attack the enemy, he failed to notice the girl was nudging him trying to get his attention to her. And as soon as he finally took notice, Caster stopped in his tracks and look at the girl.

"Something wrong?"

"Go run on your left. My friends are over there."

"...Friends?"

Caster pointed in his left and she nodded. And he ran to that direction... He thought that there are more people that are gonna be harmed. As he ran a bit faster than before.

Then he remembered a motto that was pretty used in all military armies, navies, everything.

'No one gets left behind.'

As an upcoming cadet, he didn't really care for it that much. As his youth was still in him and still a hard-headed son of a gun. But those words were the sole reason that he was so respected even before being a Commander of the army. And he always said to his cadets, that 'if you respect everyone, then there's no one to fear.' And his fellow soldiers always respected him for it.

Caster was finally seeing some light from the other side of the forest. And he also noticed that the artillery strikes were temporarily gone. It would mean one thing, there are land troops going on the island. But it would also mean that it would be the perfect time to escape the island. Though the area he was in was very hard to pinpoint or take a general area of where they are, he still had the general direction where those ships are firing from.