17: Center Stage

A-kun: With some comments of the last chapter talking about the eerie similarities of the events of one Azur Lane story on Fanfiction.net, named "Azur Lane: The Story." by PiedpiperofTamlyin. 

I'll be explaining all of the questions and answering them at the end of the chapter. Anyway, please do enjoy the new chapter!

It'll be away from the action for a bit... 

=================

It was the 3rd day of the party of the Azur Lane fleet. It really felt that every day passes, the festivities weren't stopping at all... It boded well with Caster since his stress isn't that bad anymore since everyone in the base is just filled through and through with positivity...

The place was the cafeteria. The place that it always seemed to be full after the victory against the Sirens. All kinds of stuff are happening here since the victory. It could be chaotic, or... Chaotic. Nothing in between. 

Yorktown, Hood, Wales, and Illustrious was sitting in a square-like shape. Like you know, a group. With Edinburgh behind Yorktown. "He's going to get the first achievement of any person here in Azur Lane history," Yorktown stated. 

The 3 Royal Navy aces just kept sipping on their respective tea until Hood spoke up.

"I'm not that surprised by it," Hood said as she sipped on her tea.

"Hornet and Enterprise just kept telling me event after event ever since the victory." Yorktown giggled. "They were extremely excited and probably they're still are." 

"What was the name of the plan again? I didn't quite hear it..." asked Illustrious. As she was not there for the briefing. She was just following instructions from Enterprise and Enterprise was following instructions on 'Plan G'. 

"It was called... 'Plan G'?" Wales said. As she remembered that she tried putting some sense into Caster's hard skull. 

"I'm sorry to ask, but this one detail that Hornet told me made me nervous for the upcoming operations with the Commander," Yorktown said as she leaned forward a little bit. Getting the other 3's attention.

"Go ahead, Yorktown." Hood calmly said.

"Hornet said that Commander recklessly put himself into danger just for the sake of distracting the Siren fleet. Is that really true?" Yorktown asked with slight denial. She wants this to be false so bad since if it's true, it's only a matter of time until Caster is hit with a fatal injury.

"Yes. Yes, it was true. But if not for him, the counter-attack would have not been as effective if the Commander wasn't there." Hood answered first. 

"I really thought that he was purposely trying to kill himself out there," Wales commented. 

"Anyway... Wales, do you think that we could do 'that' today?" Hood vaguely asked Wales. The other 2, Lusty and Yorktown were confused. But since they had no knowledge of the matter, they didn't say anything.

"Are you really going ahead with this plan?" Wales facepalmed and Hood just smiled mischievously. 

"The girls would love it, Wales. Don't you think?" Hood asked Wales. Trying to get her to finally agree. 

"What are you two talking about?" Yorktown asked confused on the matter. 

Then on cue, Edinburgh came in and whispered something to Yorktown. And she did the same to Illustrious for her not ask the same question.

"Oh, that... Of course, I won't mind that at all." Yorktown said smiling. As she finally knows what the 2 are scheming. 

"I wouldn't mind also. Unicorn would love it." Illustrious said as she puts her teacup down.