26: One More Prep

=================

After 3 days of all relaxation on the beaches, reality came back hard to Azur Lane and Caster. And the war is not over. And for now, Caster is on a remote island, and the girls are not too far away from it. They're doing... Wait, what are they doing?

"1st team... Ready your guns, we're going hot." Caster said to the communicator while he's laying down on the ground. He has binoculars and he's peering through it.

"Takao. Ready on your command."

"Master. Belfast is ready."

"Edinburgh is also ready."

"Master... Master... Dido is ready to satisfy you."

A-kun: Oh, god. Why did I have that on my notes?!

The entire chatter on the radio stopped and had an awkward tension flowing in the air. With Caster just utterly confused and he thought that she definitely worded that wrong.

'O...kay...'

"A-anyway... Prince of Wales. Ready for artillery support."

"Z23. Commander, just say the word."

Every girl is ready to fire their cannons on the targets that Caster set up.

He looks at a map... And he has a rule and a pen with him. He draws a line and gets some coordinates of some sort.

"Okay. Request fire mission on Grid 144567." Caster said with a bit of confusion from the difficulty of this grid system. "Danger close, by the way."

The girls fire their cannons and a big shockwave was heard and the waters felt that as well. As waves came crashing to the island where Caster was on. But luckily not big to get Caster doused in the saltwater...

BOOM!

As the shots land, on target or not on target, he still peered into the binoculars even harder. Trying to see through the smoke.

"Nope. No joy. No effect on the target." Caster said scratching his head.

=================

Another team of battleships, light and heavy cruisers, and some destroyers... Ready for their exercise.

"2nd team. Get your guns hot and get ready to fire." Caster said once more to another team of girls.

"King George V is ready."

"Cleveland, ready for targets."

"Carolina, ready for a fire mission."

"Washington. Ready."

"May our shots hit, Commander. Hood's ready."

"H-Helena... I am ready."

Caster's dummy targets are still there since the 1st team didn't have a chance of hitting them... Still not too far from him. They will serve as targets on this exercise or whatever they're doing.

He heard some loud noises behind him. The guns fire again.

BANG!

"Impact..." He mumbled...

BOOM!

He looked through the smoke with his binoculars again.

"Negative effect on target..." Caster sighed.

'Just what the hell...'

'I got to teach them fire missions. They can hit moving ships on the water, but this is a different story when hitting something on the ground.' He thought. Getting frustrated a little bit.