41 - Allotted Time

A-kun: Been a long while... Focused on another book, really... I'm so sorry for the inconvenience I've caused and my procrastination rearing it's absolutely ugly mug at it's worse. Literally nearing the end of the book...(?)

So again, I'm sorry, and let us start the chapter, shall we? Enjoy.

=================

16 Hours.

Oh, goddamn it, it's happening again... Why is this godforsaken cube always interrupting me at the most times?!

I shook my head, and slowly got up. And my right, uninjured hand was doing a lot of the heavy-lifting... But I look at the ground as I got up... It looked... Familiar.

And I look a bit to my left, and it confirmed it with the autumn leaves. This is the same sequence I experienced not too long ago. Well, the good kind. The other one, best not to remember.

I quickly snapped my face upright and looked at the distance, the same trees, the clean road, and a house right at the end of this street.

I do remember that I got walled off by the cube... And... God, I was so sure there was something else that stuck out.

Gah, no use thinking it's here, wasting time, let's just try to get there to see what's up...

I was still quite unsure if the barrier is now gone, so I opted to take a sprint and run to the end of the street. No more hesitation anymore, last time I did, I got walled off, didn't get to hear important information, all that stuff.

If there was anything I've learned with this white Cube, it's pretty impatient when it comes to these sequences.

"God, take the wheel..."

I stepped back, and now ran straight while I face away, my arm's already beaten up, but not my face...! I've committed to not hurt myself anymore, so I'll keep to my word.

Except I'm already charging right shoulder first into thi-

"OWWWW!"

My eyes shut, and as I open it, my face was mere inches off the ground and I felt something awful on my right arm. I looked at my shoulder and there were rough rashes everywhere and some blood was spilling out.

"Ow..." I whimpered before I looked up, back to the house. Still there. Oh, the car's still here. I begrudgingly stood up and walked to the car at a leisurely pace.

I lean on the back side door, tending to my rashes, and I take a glance inside the car. Was also messy. I guess I'm still no different here than now, that's for sure.

First off, I spot a guitar in the backseats. Not easy to miss. Another was a hanger that has my army uniform, judging from the camo design, just hanging from the driver seat's headrest... Okay, that concludes the backseats. Man, this is the thing I would be doing when I'm back to my home world?

Honestly... Away from everything that's happening right now...

I let out a sigh and turn my head to the other side to check the driver seat. I immediately saw a sunlight cover and a picture in one of those plastic pockets... Oh... Never mind that... As I face away.

But when I looked back, suddenly there was a sticker right in the center of the car window.

"Accept.

Be Content...

And Stay...?"

...what?

Then a deafening honk rang to my left and multiple unassuming vans roll up. I was even more confused.

The vans start surrounding the car and the doors swing open as a cascade of men ran out with "sketchy-looking" attire, but the most prominent one was the usage of an ugly mask on all of these men and some wearing glasses.