34: A Lesson of Regret

=================

Right after the announcement from Vestal and the ultimatum from Belfast, Vestal decided that she had enough of this tension in the Commander's office and left to take a breather.

Belfast barely had any sleep for 48 hours, also left the room. Tired, and full of regret.

So the remaining girls in the room are Hood, Wales, the 4 starters, and the new maid Sirius.

And one, distraught, and depressed, Caster.

The information is still processing in Caster's head.

Frozen in denial. All of his subconscious is talking all at once in his head.

"No..." A whisper uttered from his lips.

His right hand, held his head, feeling a severe headache that is giving him pain.

His head lowered to his pillow and loud, but muffled cries were soon hitting nearby girl's ears. Most notably, Sirius, and the 4 starters, in turn, ran to comfort him.

The sobbing... Even with the pillow smothering his face, it was loud enough to reach Wales and Hood's ears.

In turn, the 2 also stood up and came to Caster as well.

His happiness is at an all-time low. Nobody outside of Enterprise has seen Caster, their best leader yet, crying.

And yet, here we are. All the girls seeing the tears dampen the pillow and everyone trying their damn best to comfort him. But seems never enough.

All of this. A breakdown.

Of his mental state.

=================

"Commander? Why do you seem so calm in everything?"

"It's because..."

=================

"When a leader is unhappy, the rest of the team will feel it also."

"That's really what he said to you?"

The ghost perked up and stopped whatever she was going. Probably games.

Helena sighed, "He already taught me a lot even though it was very short."

"A few sentences, but all of them meaningful."

Helena at this point is still lamenting the Commander's situation. And she already told the whole story to Long Island.

Not saying that she was ignoring Helena since she was playing games, but she was understanding enough to listen all the way.

But the one quote from Caster earlier just made her stop and look at Helena. Her head down, and visually, trying her best to not tremble and cry.

Long Island was frozen. Unsure of what to do. Then the door busted open.

"Helena!" Cleveland's eyes darted to Helena as soon she went into the room. She sat down and started comforting the trembling Helena.

Long Island sat there and watched. And also reflected on what just happened in the last 2 days.

She never thought that the last few days would be so rough for everyone and do the Commander specifically.