16: Inexperienced

=================

On top of the hill... The series of events was instantly memorized by the girl up on the top... She was still speechless about what happened. From a big fleet of Sirens to a puny destroyer after the counter-attack. 

'Plan G' took a while to prepare and it was time-consuming. But when everyone was on their positions, it took a minute or two to absolutely decimate the fleet. Like if you would blink, you'd miss it.

Her emotions? It could be multiple right now... Her emotions are stirring up a conflict within her heart. Is she happy? Excited? Confused?

"He..." She opened her mouth slightly. "He did it..." As she clutched on the Navy Cap as she wore it. 

"I gotta find him." She ran off the hill. 

=================

'Where are you...' Enterprise thought, as seconds and minutes pass, she was getting more and more anxious on the Commander's whereabouts. Is he alive? Dead? And that second thought, that was the reason that made her break off of the fleet while everyone was still celebrating the victory. 

"Where are you going, Enterprise?" Illustrious said in the communicator. But Enterprise was too focused for any conversation to interrupt her. 

She took a look at the islands nearest to her. No sign of the otherworlder. Another island, nothing. 

'Come on, come on, come on...' As her face was filled with fear. 

"Actually, we haven't heard from the Commander since the victory. Where is he?" Enterprise heard Hornet say that on the other side of the communicator. 

Losing Caster is the biggest fear of Enterprise right now. From his hard-headed argument of the execution of 'Plan G', and his recklessness finally getting him, it was definitely looking like that Caster is KIA...

Tears... Were slowly forming on Enterprise's eyes. She still can't find him after all this time. Caster has single-handedly sculpted the fleet back to its form. A respectable fleet that everyone feared. Unlike what the 1st otherworlder did to the girls, from the harassment, incompetence, and downright inexcusable doings, if Caster was to die here, they will never, ever recover from this. 

Enterprise had a reputation for being one of the pillars of the new generation of Azur Lane. Countless achievements, unbelievable combat skills, and all-time great luck. It was nice to Enterprise at the start to get these said achievements, but as she got more medals, achievements, people started to view her differently than what she was perceived at the start. 

She was just looked at as just a ship that can bring home the victory. And those people were right. She can carry fleets on her own and come home a victor. But her heart was getting lonely... With infrequent meetings with her beloved sister ship Yorktown, other than that, there really wasn't anyone else that could comfort her and keep her company. 

Hornet could accompany her to an extent but it was just not enough. 

And after the 1st otherworlder was ousted from the base by Enterprise herself, her loneliness got even worse. Morale was down on the base, and Sirens right at their doorstep. 

But with Caster's arrival to the base, all the stories that he already made, with the takedown of a Siren raiding party with 4 destroyers, his respectfulness with the girls, and just gossips of positivity about him, completely made her view on him go upside-down. 

And perhaps the most important thing that he could do to her is... Erase that worry. That loneliness. She just needed to find him. 

=================