21: Trial of Perseverance

=================

The memory was kind of blurry and almost pixelated... The 1st Siren War. Azur Lane is close to its creation. One or 2 representatives from each faction must show up to a grand meeting before the official creation of the Coalition. 

Names like Queen Elizabeth, Amagi,  Bismarck, Avrora, and the peculiar ship that we'll be focusing on today. Yorktown.

All the girls mentioned and some others all agreed on their plans and Azur Lane is formed. To take out the meddling Sirens off their world once and for all. The start of the organization was kind of rocky. It was expected since the girls don't know who is their leading voice and leader. 

With different flags and preferences, they couldn't agree on one true leader. And that was the flaw of the newly made Coalition. But even with this dispute within the organization, they all put their ego and differences aside on the battlefield. 

The books that Caster has read over the days has been telling that Azur Lane had an almost unstoppable record of winning. Brought with the 'Goddess of Winning' Amagi. And Bismarck. Even the newly summoned Hood scoring a few victories for herself. 

But the books are... Let's just say they exaggerate their achievements a tad bit... They didn't have a 'perfect' or 'improbable' record. They suffered their fair share of setbacks and flat-out defeats against the technologically-advanced Sirens. With their deflector shields and teleportation devices. And it seemed that every battle the Sirens would have a secret up in their sleeves. Or tentacles... You choose. 

Anyway, the location of this memory is the Eagle Union's docks. A small white-haired and purple-eyed girl was chasing a woman taller than her. And very similar to her as well. Almost like they were clones of each other. Yorktown. She is leaving the Eagle Union, for now, to serve her time in the newly built Azur Lane base built as she is the leading figure for the Eagle Union at the time. She wasn't as prominent as Amagi or Bismarck. (I mean, what do you expect?) 

But she is her own person and she's pretty good in battle. Always contributing and one of the 'clutch' performers when the battle for air dominance is not on their side... 

She fought a noble cause. And she didn't care for any type of rewards that she would get. She only told herself in her mind that she only wanted the war over she said... But as the war would last longer, the more costly it was getting. So, a final push for the Sirens to finally disappear on their world. 

Remembering the Amagi story and the 'best of the best' girls that came through the door behind Bismarck, there was a lack of an Eagle Union participant. And as you guessed it, it was Yorktown. 

And Yorktown is on the Eagle Union docks waiting for her escort fleet to well, escort her.

The young Yorktown look-a-like came up to her. 

"Sister. Are you going out now?" Said the purple-eyed girl. Looking up at her 'sister'. "Can I please join you?" 

"No. Stay here. You'll have your chance in the future." Yorktown bent down to her level. Stroking her hair. 

"But..." The girl mumbled.

"No 'buts'. I'm going to be back." Yorktown smiled and kissed the girl's forehead. "Just remember what I have always told you."