9: War Follows

=================

The surroundings were dim. He's floating through space. Unconscious. He was transported here by that mysterious white Wisdom Cube.

Then suddenly, the dim background... Started... Materializing...

What could it be?

=================

"Captain!" A voice called out to Caster. "Oh, no. Sergeant! He's not responding!"

"We need to take him to a paramedic, come on!"

After some more words being spoken in the desert battlefield, Caster finally gained consciousness and woke up. Surprising the 2 soldiers.

"Captain! You're okay!" The soldier said happily that he's back. But there's still gunshots being fired in his direction.

"W-where am I?" He asked confused. As he looked at his attire and he's not wearing his Commander's uniform. Instead, a camo green uniform.

"You're in Afghanistan, sir!" The soldier explained what's going on. "The operation named: "Purifier" is still ongoing!"

Caster remembered the moment he was here. But he was confused even more. How the hell did he get here? Is this a dream? Is it real life? Did that white Wisdom Cube contribute to the situation he was in? He wouldn't know just yet.

He pinched himself in the cheeks to make sure he wasn't dreaming. But he remembered something that made him uneasy. Operation: "Purifier"? We all know that Caster is a war veteran and a shrewd man. But as far as he knows, he doesn't remember an operation named "Purifier" in his short stint in Afghanistan.

But he was here. In his natural environment. This is the place where his wit and talent shines. And so, he went with the flow and not questioned more.

"Where are we going?" Caster asked the soldier and the Sergeant responded.

"We're going in the target building. It's a church. We're actually not far from here."

"Alright, let's do this!" Caster exclaimed. Being excited. But he knew he can't possibly be injured now. He was just released from the hospital 2 hours ago. He isn't gonna get himself injured anymore.

But he realized, he was bare. He didn't have any weapon on himself except the communicator that Akashi gave him and paid a high price for it... Fortunately, the soldier noticed Caster that he didn't have a weapon. So he gave him his M4A1 with Red Dot Sight attachment. His favorite sight in any weapon.

"You sure you don't need this?" Caster asked the soldier.

"You're better at using that weapon than me, sir. I'll stick to my shotgun." As he took out his secondary weapon. A shotgun. You're expecting a wimpy pistol huh?

"Anyway, thanks. I have only one round of ammunition?" Caster asked as he was inspecting the weapon. Looking at the sight, and checking the magazine. He felt nostalgic holding this weapon.

In turn, the soldier gave all his AR ammo to Caster and gave some of his grenades and one flashbang. He happily accepted the super nice gesture and he thanked the soldier before he stood up and tried to look behind the wall he was getting protected by.