14: Show of Authority

=================

"W-what's going on?" Akagi said in nervousness. As she turned to the Observer.

"And here I thought you would know an attack when you see one..." She replied with a shrug.

"That's not what I meant," Akagi responded. "We had a deal, we'd take care of your enemies and make your invasion easier. In return, you'd leave my people alone."

"Oh, of course, yes. The 'proposal'." said the Observer. Tapping on her chin playfully.

"The proposal was nice and all," The Observer said while circling Akagi. "But your usefulness to us has ended."

"What...?" said the leader of the Empire. Suddenly the weight of her decisions piling on her. 

"Don't get me wrong, that deal, was a pretty great one for us." She sat down on a rock, seeing the battle unfold. "You'd do the dirty work for us, and we'll be just on the sidelines, sitting pretty and wait till the end."

"But this opportunity is too good to pass up. A chance to wipe out Azur Lane's aces and the Empire's in one. Swift. Attack." She smiled.

Akagi only realized that this chain of events. Will doom her entire faction. Her face said nothing but regret and horror.

"At first, the Eagle Union wasn't a big threat to us. Took things into piracy and attack wherever it went. Choosing battles that fit them best, and it didn't harm us in the long-term." Observer explained the chain of many events before it led up to this. "It all changed when Enterprise, Wales, Illustrious, and Eugen came out of nowhere and started turning things around."

"And in the wake of the last battle that damned Azur Lane defeated us, I really did think that we finished all the ships that were sent out there to kill us. Then Hood came back alive and well, this is her first time fighting again in the front-lines, and she looks better than ever." The Observer glared at Hood, but Hood couldn't see her in such long distance.

"What's the other change?" Akagi asked, then the Observer smiled. How could she forget?

"The otherworlder, of course." replied the Observer. "I could never think that the 2nd otherworlder that would stumble here would get this far."

Akagi did not have much understanding of the 1st otherworlder. The Sirens threw her a bone, and they handled the situation, and she never heard of the 1st otherworlder since then. 

"I and the Purifier handled that 1st one so well. Manipulating him to our side and wants to do havoc all over the Azur Lane base. I wonder what he's doing now, though. But that doesn't matter right now."

"You may not know this, but he and 4 little destroyers took down my flagship. A whole raiding party was taken down by 4 destroyers. No one in the history of leading a fleet has ever done that before. It was impossible until he did it. If he can already do that much damage with 4 destroyers, then imagine if he has a full fleet."

"Huh...?" Akagi just stood there dumbfounded. She only heard of this incredible achievement by Caster only just now.

"He'd be unstoppable." The Observer gritted her teeth.

"So, I'm terribly sorry for what I'm about to do." She said, putting her hand on the shoulder of the despair-filled leader of the Empire. "I'll make sure it will be a painless death."

Before Akagi can do anything about it, the Observer punched her in the gut and wrapped her tentacles around her. 

"I get that you're trying to get revenge after what is going to happen." And the Observer gave one more punishing swing at Akagi's face.