Chapter FIFTY FIVE

Alexandrea's P.O.V

The words that came out from his mouth got into my head and messed with my mind. Is this where I will die? Will I ever see my mom again? Or Bex? Zo? Eli? Eddy?.....Even Nick? Will I ever see any of them again?

Energy was slowly draining out of my body from all the crying and yelling. The fear that consumed my heart was more than any string of hope I think I had left. I'm going to die. This is it.

"I suffered so much in prison. I thought of ways to escape but to no avail. I needed to get out. I needed to see you again. I couldn't stop thinking about how you felt with my absence--"

I cut him off "I was perfectly fine!! I never needed you! I never wanted you to come back! All I ever wanted was a normal life like other kids! Can't I just have one? Must it be one drama or the other??! Can't I just wear bikinis to the beach instead of sweatshirts or crop tops instead of hoodies like most of my mates??!" I yelled, draining more of the energy in my body.

For once, Axel Black actually looked sorry for me. So I continued, breathing heavily.

"I got reminded of you everywhere! The scars you gave me! The burns! The freaking nightmares! Every single thing reminded me of you! Because of you, I don't go for sleepovers! Because of you, I don't attend parties because the scars and burns could scare everyone away! Because of you, I lost my self confidence! I lost my dignity! I lost everything because of you!! Even my dad.." I cried, adding the last part quietly. The tears continued pouring out and I couldn't wipe them because my arms were binded to the chair I was sitting on.

"You didn't loose your dad. I'm right here. I took care of you! I am your dad!" He said defensively, swinging the pocket knife around aggressively.

"No! You will never be my dad. Duncan is my dad--" I wasn't able to complete my sentence before I felt Axel's palm collide with my right cheek so hard, my head swerved to the left from the impact. The sting I felt from the heat brought a flashback of all those years back to me.

"I, Axel Black, am your father. I own you! I fed you and clothed you so you're mine!" He yelled at me. More tears rolled from my cheeks. I met his hard gaze. He brought the pocket knife close to my arm, barely touching it then trailed it down to the tip of my middle finger.
"I can do whatever I want with you. Whenever I want. And that's because you belong to me" he added, smiling like a maniac.

Goosebumps rose on my skin out of irritation. This man is mentally deranged. And with the slim string of hope I had left, I wished that someone would get me out of here soon. As soon as possible.

He bent down and kissed each of my fingers. My insides coiled with unspeakable disgust. He rose up again and looked at me, smiling. "I missed your cries that drove me nuts. It hurts that you didn't miss me though" he pouted.

He moved closer to me and cupped my face, then brought the pocket knife towards my cheek. I held my breath as he trailed it down to my chin lightly. At that moment, every single scar in my body begun to ache.

"You're insane" I breathed out, almost like a whisper. He paused and furrowed his eyebrows, the tip of the knife still pressing on the skin of my face but not hard enough to pierce it.

"Don't call me that.." He said with a frown. He suddenly moved the knife from my face and in a swing, stabbed my right lap. I screamed out loud in pain, all the memories rushing to me. My eyes squeezed shut as tears spilled down my cheeks. "Never call me that".

He removed the knife from my lap. Memories rushed to my head. I saw Axel beating my mum up. I saw Axel beating me up. I saw Axel ripping off my shirt forcefully for the first time. I saw myself crying in the bathroom. I saw my mom crying on the floor in the kitchen. I saw everything.