When he gets rejected by the popular girl pt.5 - Felix

You walked into the restaurant unwillingly after Felix kept on insisting over and over again. He had left you on this date with this so-called "Hwang Hyunjin" that you didn't really know that well. Felix had claimed that you came to watch the boys basketball games because of the handsome male, when really it was to cheer Felix on as he played. It was all for him, and you admired him as he did his best to score points, yet he thinks that it was towards someone else?

"Hello! Table for one?" The waitress asks you kindly to which you shake your head.

"Uh, no actually... I'm here to see someone," You corrected her, unsure of what you're supposed to say in the situation. "He should be here, I was just informed to come."

"Oh, well we had a few reservations earlier. May I know the name of the one you've come to meet?"

"H-Hwang Hyunjin," you hesitantly told her.

She takes a second to think before her mouth forms into an 'o', seeming to know him.

"Ah yes, he arrived not so long ago. Follow me."

She leads you to a table and hands you and the guy sitting across from you a menu each. Once she left, you couldn't help but stare at him, lost in thought.

"Hi, I'm Hyunjin if you didn't recognize me," he grinned, making you snap back to reality.

"O-oh, I'm y/n..." you awkwardly mumbled as you played with your fingers in your lap.

"You alright...? You seem uncomfortable. Is there something bothering you?" He worriedly asked you.

"I'm fine. I just.... wasn't told of this erm, meet up, until I was outside the restaurant," you tried to assure him although your whole body felt jittery around the unfamiliar boy.

Hyunjin raises an eyebrow at your response, not expecting to hear that.

"You didn't know? I thought Felix told you."

"Well... he informed me after saying that he had a 'surprise' for me," you sent him a small smile.

"That does sound like Felix," he chuckled. "I was surprised myself when he agreed to inviting you to a date with me. You guys are really close, I honestly thought he liked you. But I guess I was wrong since he told me he liked a different girl, yet I don't understand why he doesn't love you. You're so adorable, confident, and sweet."

You bit your bottom lip at what he said and looked down to hide the saddened expression on your face. The compliments made you feel just a little bit better though, you had to admit.

"So... you wanted to ask me out?" You tried to distract yourself from the dissapointment in you.

Hyunjin's ears turned a light shade of red and he scratches the back of his neck out of embarressment.

"Y-yeah. I figured that I shouldn't keep hiding it anymore and just tell you in person. So y/n..." he cleared his throat before locking eyes with you. "I really like you."

You stiffened and kept quiet at the confession that you didn't see coming. What do you do? What do you say? Well one thing was obvious and you were sure of it.... you didn't like him back.

"I don't think I love you yet, but I know that I like you to a certain extent that my heart skips a beat whenever you're around. My attention always finds its way to you and I can't stop myself from feeling this way. I know we haven't talked at school that much, but it's because I'm too afraid to go up to you. Don't get me wrong! You're super sweet and kind, I just... didn't want to make a fool of myself in front of the person I like so much," he admitted shyly.