The tension between us - Minho

"Why do I have to be stuck here with you? As if detention wasn't bad enough," you scoffed bitterly to the boy on the other side of the room.

"Complain all you want, but we both know this is your fault. Just hurry up and organize the bookshelves while I finish cleaning the whiteboard so we can get out of here," he ordered.

"Really, Lee Minho? I wasn't the one flicking gum wrappers in the others' hair, yet you have the audacity to say my actions caused this? You're unbelievable."

"Well, if you didn't turn around in the middle of Mrs. Kim's math lesson and start a commotion, then maybe she wouldn't have made both of us stay after school to clean the class," he retorted, rolling his eyes at your attitude.

"Why you–" You poked the inside of your cheek with your tongue to stop you from saying anything you wouldn't normally say to a person. "I'm so done with you. Why are you always trying to find some way to annoy me? Seriously, I don't even remember what I did for you to start bothering me all the time."

Minho didn't reply, filling the room with silence besides the wiping of paper towels and the movement of textbooks; It made you wonder what's keeping him quiet.

Glancing over your shoulder to check on him, your eyes widened when you found him staring right back at you.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

He turned around and faced the whiteboard once again, face remaining as emotionless as ever.

What the heck?

"You could at least answer my question instead of ignoring me whenever I actually want to hear your voice," you spoke again.

He let out an amused laugh and crumpled the paper towels in his hands, tossing them lazily into the trash can as he walked in your direction.

"Why do you think I spend my precious time bothering you?" Minho asked, curiosity laced in his sentence as he brought up the corners of his mouth in a devilish grin. He stopped just in front of you.

"Why?" You repeated in disbelief, scanning his arms on the desk between you two that held his leaning figure from falling forward. "Because you hate me. Because you're annoyed at my existence. Because you're Lee Minho, and provoking others is all you ever enjoy doing."

"Wrong." He deadpanned before leaning even closer. His face was so close that you wished you could rip the pesky smile right off and never see it again.

"No, I'm right," you fired back in annoyance.

"But you're not," he continued. "The reason why I bother you all the time is..."

One of his hands came off the table, and he raised it until it was just above your eyes.

"...because it's fun."

He landed a flick on your forehead.

"Ow!" You hissed in pain, stepping away and rubbing the spot with gritted teeth."I could kill you right here."

"Then who would you talk to instead?" he laughed.

That stupid chuckle of his hurt your ears. How you would actually pay him to be quiet for a good while.

"Anyone but you."

With that reply, you turned around and went back to the bookshelves. All the rows you had finished organizing besides the top few.

"I can feel you staring at me, Lee. Quit it and do your job for once."

"Actually, I'm done. It's you who hasn't been doing their job. Is the shelf too tall for you to reach?" His lips curled in amusement, watching you attempt to tippy-toe and fix the books.