I will hug you - Hyunjin

You were busy cooking breakfast for you and your boyfriend, otherwise known as Stray kids' Hyunjin. He was staying at your place for the time being until he decided to go back to the dorms so the other members wouldn't worry too much. You've never seen him so heartbroken over the fact that he was still on hiatus. Those stupid bullying accusations were the whole reason why he and millions of stays were hurting. All he can do while Stray kids continued on without him was, wait.

It wasn't confirmed when he would return, but hopefully, it'd be soon because you knew he dearly missed doing the things he loved for the people he cared about. Even though you liked having him around, you liked it even more when he was smiling and enjoying himself freely.

Nowadays, seeing him like that was rare. After the array of incidents, he hasn't exactly been the same, and you've tried to heal him. You've tried, a lot—yet nothing works, except for the one true method of time. You just needed to help him get through this, together.

Suddenly, a pair of arms circle around your waist, and weight falls onto your right shoulder, interrupting you from your thoughts. When you turned your head to the side, the face of none other than the lovestay boy came into sight.

"Good morning," you greeted him, noticing how tired he was as his eyes were shut and resting.

"Mornin' baby," Hyunjin let out a small yawn like a kitten would, snuggling closer to you in his soft pajamas he hasn't changed out of.

"Sleep well?"

"Mhm... Actually, I wanted to wake up with you by my side but you weren't there, so I came to look for you...." he lowly murmured into your ear.

"Sorry for leaving, but it's already 11:40 am and we both need to eat," you flipped the pancakes on the frying pan in front of you, making sure they wouldn't burn and catch fire if you got distracted for too long.

Hyunjin hummed, finding all the most comfort when being so close to you and hearing your voice. It was nice like this, but you knew he was still thinking about other things.

"What're the members up to? I haven't checked up with them lately."

You were hesitant to reply as whatever you said could've affected his current mood. 

"I think Chan mentioned that they were all taking a break," your hands kept busy while beginning to plate the pancakes.

"Oh... I wish I was there too..."

You turned to Hyunjin at his sentence and he slowly opened his eyes to look into yours.

"If you want to go back to the dorms then you should say so. You don't have to stay here for me–"

He shook his head, denying your guess at what he meant was.

"I wasn't talking about the dorms. I wish I was able to be there... performing at Kingdom and winning with them together," he smiled sadly, reflecting back to how he had so much fun preparing for the intro stage, only to watch the rest of the show with you.

You stopped what you were doing and rotated your body so you were facing him directly. He was suffering. And even if he kept hiding it, he could never fully cover it up. That was just how Hyunjin was. He was afraid to tell his problems, which always led to him pretending to be fine when he wasn't. But that didn't mean you weren't there to help him.

"Hyunjin," you cupped his cheeks with both your hands, softly caressing them with your thumbs. "Even if you weren't able to be on stage with the rest of them, you still won the crown. You know wanna know why? Because stays tried their best for all 8 of you, not 7, and never 7. You should be proud of yourself, and be proud of them because they did this to make you happy, despite not seeing how you'd react. "