3: Ineffable

"You need to go"

"No please"

"Run"

"Don't look back"

I heard screams as I started running.

I was out of breath.

"Please don't hurt me"

———

The sun was peaking through the half covered windows.

I opened my eyes. My heart was beating fast.

Another nightmare.

"It's going to be ok" I told myself. It was hard for me to calm down after a nightmare. It usually took me a while.

As I got up, I started feeling dizzy. I don't remember the last time that I ate.

My stomach started growling. I sat down on the floor again. My vision got blurry. My head was aching. I needed to eat something before I would pass out. I had run out of food at this point. I couldn't go outside either. But if I don't, I will die out of starvation.

Chuuya's P.O.V

"So how exactly will this help to find her?" I asked. "Apparently when she got kidnapped, she was tracked down. If she hasn't destroyed the tracker after all this time, there's a slight possibility that she may still be traceable" Ango said.

"Why would the Port Mafia trust you in this process?" I asked. "You sure like to ask questions" he answered back. I rolled my eyes. "I'm just making sure that I'm not wasting my time" I said.

"We got something" he said. We both focused our attention onto the screen. "It still has a very weak signal. Looks like she is not aware of the tracker" he said. I nodded. "Great, I will track her down, kick her door in and take her to the Port Mafia" I said.

"Be careful" Ango said. "Her powers are claimed to be unpredictable" he added. "Yeah, whatever" I muttered before leaving.

Your P.O.V

I lost consciousness. I don't know for how long I was unconscious but I was hearing noises from outside. I haven't had contact with the outside world for very long. No one usually comes here. There is no way that humans would find this place.

I heard footsteps. I felt nauseous. I was going to throw up.

Suddenly the door flew open.

My eyes widened.

I crawled back until my back made contact with the wall. I covered my face. I didn't want to see whatever was in front of me.

"Wow" I heard. "What is this place?" I heard.

My head was starting to spin. I felt sick. I felt like I was about to go insane.

"Stay away!" I screamed.

Chuuya's P.O.V

I looked at the girl. She was hiding her face. 

Has she really been living here all this time?

"I'm not here to hurt you" I said.

She started screaming. I covered my ears.

"You sure are loud" I said.

I made my way over to her.

"Y/n" I said and kneeled down in front of her.

She stopped screaming.

"I'm not here to hurt you" I said again.

I got a bit closer to her. She immediately backed away. "Can we talk?" I asked. She backed away even more. "Go away" she said. "I won't do anything" I said. "Go away!" she screamed at me.

I decided to distance myself from her. She seemed very scared.

Her stomach started growling. 

"How long haven't you eaten?" I asked as I looked at her. She was still covering her face. "I'll get you something to eat" I said. She didn't answer. I noticed that she was digging her nails into her skin.

"Hey hey stop that" I quickly said and made my way over to her. "You'll hurt yourself" I said and sat down in front of her. She stopped. We were both silent for a few minutes, but then she suddenly removed her hands from her face. She looked at the floor.

"I'm Chuuya" I said. Her body was shaking. Her lips were trembling. She was fidgeting with her hands.

She looked up. This was the first time that our eyes met. "Chuuya" she said. "Please.." she started. "Go" she finished. "I can't" I answered. "I'm here to help you" I said. "Human" she said. I looked at her confused. "I don't like them" she added. I looked at her surprised. "You're human too" I pointed out. She covered her face again.

She started screaming again.

"Leave!" she screamed at me. "Humans are bad!" she added.

"I'm here to help" I said and placed my hand on her arm.

What was this stinging sensation?

I flinched in pain as I felt my hand burning.

I quickly removed my hand and looked at it.

I was bleeding.

"Shit" I cursed.

She looked up at me.

We both didn't say anything. The sound of blood dripping down my hand was breaking the silence.

"This must be that power that Mori was talking about" I muttered as I examined my hand. "Get up we're leaving" I said. She shook her head.

"I won't repeat myself again" I warned. She shook her head again. "You sure are a stubborn one" I said and made my way to her.

Your P.O.V

I watched as he got closer to me. My head started hurting. My heart was beating faster.

"Please" I said. He looked at me surprised.

"Don't hurt me" I pleaded.

His expression softened as he looked into my eyes. "I won't" he said and reached out his hand. "I'm here to help" he said. I looked at his other hand. It was bleeding.

"I hurt you" I said. "It's nothing" he said. "Will you hurt me back?" I asked. "I have no reason to do so" he replied back. I looked at the floor.

"I won't let anything happen to you" he said.

"I promise" he added.

I looked up at him. Our eyes met.

Could I ever trust a human?