27: Farewell

Chuuya shook his head.

"I can't" he said as he slowly tried to get up. He was in critical condition. It hurt me to see him like this but if someone had the right to take Mori's life, it would be him.

"I know you won't do it" Mori grinned. "You are too scared" he added.

Chuuya looked down at the scalpel in his hand.

He made his way over to Mori. I could tell he was in pain.

He stopped and looked at Mori.

"You know what to do" I reminded him. I watched him hesitate. Tears started forming in his eyes.

"I can't.." he said. "I can't do this" he added.

"Why?" he wiped the tears off his face. "Why did you have to betray me from all those people!?" he yelled frustrated as he looked at Mori.

Mori gently smiled.

"You can take your anger out on me now" he said. Chuuya shook his head and looked away. "Chuuya you're losing a lot of blood" I said. "You have to do this now" I added.

I saw the hesitation and doubt in his eyes.

"Chuuya.. my son" Mori said. Chuuya clenched his fists. "Your parents were lovely people" he said. "It's a shame they had to face such a brutal death" he added. Chuuya's eyes widened. "You" he said and looked at Mori.

"Did you or did you not kill my parents!?" Chuuya yelled angrily. Mori smiled.

"They begged me to spare their life" he said.

Chuuya's eyes widened.

He made his way towards Mori and grabbed him by his throat.

"I had to kill them" Mori said. "They were in my way" he added. "I thought you'd be a great asset to my corporation but seeing you now.." he said. "You're just as useless as them" he added. Chuuya's grip around Mori's neck tightened.

"You have no idea who my parents were!" Chuuya yelled with tears in his eyes. I watched as a tear rolled down his face. "All you ever cared about was yourself" Chuuya said and squeezed Mori's throat even tighter. "You killed innocent people" he pointed out. "Including my parents" he added and looked into Mori's eyes.

"Not just yours" Mori smiled and glanced over at me.

My eyes widened.

My parents?

Did Mori kill.. my parents?

There was no way.

"You were so desperate to avenge the death of your parents" he spoke. "You told me how much you wanted to kill the kidnappers" he added. "Get revenge for what they did to you" he said and looked at me. "You wanted to get your hands on them so badly" he added and let out a laugh.

"While I was right in front of you all along" he grinned.

My anxiety was increasing. My breathing was unstable and I started feeling lightheaded.

Mori ruined me. Mori is the reason I have lived a miserable life, fearing everyone around me. He is the one that made me afraid of trusting others. All those years in seclusion and fear..

I have looked him in the eyes so many times. I was starting to trust him the way I trusted Chuuya.

I lost faith in not just humanity, but the entire world.

Without hesitation I made my way over to them.

"Chuuya finish him" I said. "Do it right now" I added with tears in my eyes. I saw him slowly backing out.

I knew he held too many emotions towards Mori. It felt wrong to kill him but also wrong to let him live. He let go of Mori and took a step back before falling to his knees.

"I can't do it" he said as he looked at the floor.

I picked up the scalpel before placing it onto Mori's neck.

His eyes widened.

Chuuya looked away.

"You killed my parents" I said as I pushed the blade into his skin. "Chuuya's parents" I added and pushed the blade deeper in. "You've hurt so many people" I said mad.

"You ruined me" I said before slowly moving the scalpel. "And now you will face the consequences" I said. Chuuya closed his eyes, unable to witness what was going to happen.

"Forgive me" Chuuya whispered as a tear rolled down his face.

I slowly closed my eyes before ending Mori's life.

Chuuya started sobbing behind me. I tried to calm him down but it was no use. He buried his face in his hands.

"Why? Why? Why!?" he kept repeating in frustration. "Chuuya you need to calm down" I said and rushed over to him.

He suddenly started coughing.

Blood.

I slowly helped him lay down as I applied pressure to his wounds. "I have to get you out of here" I said and helped him get up.

I reached inside Mori's pocket to grab his phone. Chuuya suddenly grabbed my arm. "Don't.. call.. the Port Mafia" he said before completely losing consciousness.

I quickly dialled the emergency number and carried him outside the bunker. He was heavy but I tried my hardest to keep him in a stable position.

I waited for the ambulance to arrive and went along with them. "He's in critical condition!" one of the doctors yelled.

I just hoped he would be alright.

I couldn't bear to lose him.

The thought alone made my head spin and before I knew it, I collapsed on to the floor.