10: Progress

The training was hard. I wasn't used to this kind of physical activity.

He didn't take it easy on me either.

"Come on, get up" he said as I sat down on the floor. "I need a break" I said back. He let out a sigh but then nodded. "You have five minutes" he said and sat down as well.

I drank some water and let my head fall back as I stared at the ceiling. "You're improving" he suddenly said. I looked at him. "Really?" I asked. He nodded. "You're driven to reach your goal. It's a good thing" he said.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked. He raised his eyebrows. "It depends" he answered back. "Why did you join the Port Mafia?" I asked. He let out a chuckle. "Not important" he said. "Do you have a goal?" I asked.

He didn't say anything, but I could tell that he was thinking. "I don't" he finally spoke. "Then why are you a member?" I asked. He shrugged. "It just happened" he simply said.

Out of everyone, Chuuya seemed the most sincere. He is a little impatient and hotheaded, but he's been the kindest to me. However, I did not trust him nor anyone around me.

"Let's restart" he said. I got up and we continued our training. Despite him training me, he didn't use his ability. It made me wonder whether he is gifted or not.

Suddenly I fell to the floor. I held my face in pain. "You are not paying attention" he said. I lifted my hand and touched my cheek. Was I bleeding?

"Stop thinking so much and attack me" he said. I wiped the blood off my cheek and tried to get up. My body was weak. This level of training was too hard for me on the first day. However, I came here with a purpose and I cannot give up.

As I made my way towards him, I felt my legs giving up on me and I fell on my knees. "You literally just took a break" he scoffed at me. I tried to push myself from the ground but I couldn't. I looked up to see a red glow surrounding him.

This must be his ability.

"Gravity manipulation" he spoke. It felt like I was being pushed to the ground. As if someone was holding me down. "I can't move" I said. "Fight your way out" he said. I tried to activate my ability but I couldn't.

About an hour of me attempting and hopelessly failing, I gave up. The sweat was dripping off my forehead. I felt lightheaded. There was no way that I could get out of this.

"I can't do this" I finally spoke. He walked up to me and crouched in front of me. "Giving up already?" he asked. "We have been training for so long" I pointed out. "It's only been 3 hours" he said. "And you took a five minute break" he added. He took advantage of the fact that I did not have a proper sense of time.

"I'm tired" I said. "If you manage to fight your way out of this then you can go" he said. It would be impossible for me to activate my ability. I do not have control over it yet. Not to mention, it would be dangerous.

Hours of me miserably failing passed by. I slammed my fist on the ground. I couldn't do it.

Feelings of guilt, disappointment and frustration hit me all at once. "I'm sorry" I mumbled. "But.." I started. He walked up to me. "I am not releasing you" he pointed out. "Please" I said. "I'm not feeling well" I said.

He let out a sigh. "Why are you not trying?" he asked. "I am" I said back."Don't you want revenge?" he asked. "I'm trying-" I started but he cut me off. "It's not good enough" he stated.

Embarrassment. That is all I felt at this point.

"We can continue another time" he finally said. I felt like a weight was being lifted from my shoulders. I could finally move. I got up, but immediately collapsed again. My body was exhausted.

"I'll see you tomorrow" he spoke before walking away. I tried to get up again but it was no use. My body was completely destroyed.

I laid down on the floor.

Everything hurt.

Chuuya's P.O.V

I woke up in the middle of the night. I seemed to have trouble sleeping. I decided to get up and grab myself something to drink.

As I made my way to the kitchen, I walked past the training room. "That's odd" I mumbled to myself as I saw that the lights were still on. I decided to take a look inside.

"Y/n?" I asked confused. She was laying on the floor with her eyes closed.

Was she sleeping?
Did she pass out?
Why was she still here?

I made my way towards her. "Why?" she asked. I looked at her surprised. She opened her eyes and looked at me.

Your P.O.V

"Why are you taking it so hard on me?" I asked. "I can't do this" I added.

"You have a lot to improve on" he said. "We can't start if you don't know how to control your ability" he pointed out. "You're not teaching me properly" I said. He seemed slightly offended by this comment and wanted to say something back but I cut him off. "You're only hurting me" I said.

His expression changed and he looked at the floor. "I might have pushed you a little too far" he said. "Why are you so eager to make me control my ability?" I asked. "There's nothing in it for you" I pointed out.

He looked away.

"I.." he started. "I'll help you get back to your room" he said. "You ignored my question" I said back. "It's my assigned task as a Port Mafia member to help you" he said. Somehow I believed him in his words. He didn't seem like the type to lie about this.

He walked up to me and helped me get up. He walked me to my room and opened the door.

"Goodnight" was all he said before walking away.