12: First time

It has been two weeks since I have been a member of the Port Mafia. Chuuya has been training me and helping me improve. He has actually read me the book about my ability and has been very helpful to me throughout the past two weeks.

I have been distancing myself from everyone except him and Mori. To be honest, I didn't trust them either. My trust in humans will never be recovered.

"So you will be taking Y/n on this mission" Mori spoke. I looked at him surprised. "But I don't have any experience" I said. "It's alright. Chuuya is a very well experienced and good mentor. He will guide you" Mori reassured me. I looked at Chuuya. He seemed dissatisfied with this order.

"You're both free to go now" Mori said. Chuuya nodded before turning around and leaving the room. I quickly followed him outside. "Where will we go?" I asked. He sighed. "Just follow me" he said. "We will attend a ball. There will be many rich people there, including Grffin, which is the guy we're after" he added. "A.. what?" I asked.

"I don't know why you're assigned to come. You freak out around people" he said. "You can't fit in" he pointed out. "I don't want to be around people" I said. "They're monsters" I added. "You can't hide forever. How are you planning on avenging the death of your parents if you can't come close to humans? You'll have to put on an act for now" he said.

I stayed quiet. I simply followed him to wherever he was going. "Gin could you fix her up a bit. You know.. make her look presentable" he said. I looked at the girl in front of me. The elegance in her gestures and aura were something I had never seen before. Her hair was flowing perfectly. The lace dress matched perfect with her fair skin.

To be frank, I felt self conscious for the first time in my life.

She smiled at me. "It's my pleasure" she said. "I'm picking up my suit from the dry cleaners. I'll be back in an hour" he said. I nodded and turned to the girl. "Don't worry" she said. "I know you're afraid" she added. "I won't hurt you" she reassured me with a smile.

A smile.

It's a mask that hides our deepest and darkest secrets. It hides our true emotions and thoughts. It's easy to put on yet feel so empty inside.

I sat down and watched as she slowly made her way towards me. "Let's start with make up" she said.

Chuuya's P.O.V

I was in utter disbelief when Mori told me to take Y/n along on this mission. She has made great progress with her ability but she has no communication skills whatsoever.

I don't want us to draw too much attention, not to mentions, she is pretty clumsy with her ability.

After I picked my suit up, I went back to the headquarters. I hung my suit on the clothing rack and made my way to check up on Y/n and Gin. I knocked on the door and was greeted with permission to enter the room.

"I'm almost done" Gin said. I looked at the girl that Gin was working on.

Is that.. Y/n?

Her reflection in the mirror startled me.

This was the first time that I saw her look like this. As much as I didn't want to admit it, she looked amazing.

"I look weird don't I?" she doubtfully asked me. She must have caught me staring at her. "You look... alright" I said back. She let out a sigh. "And we're done" Gin said and turned her chair around so she was facing me.

I cleared my throat.

"I'll go get dressed" I said before leaving the room.

Your P.O.V

I waited for Chuuya to be ready so we could go. I wasn't feeling well. This entire look felt fake and put on. It's standard and normal for humans to put on a mask and pretend to be things that they're not, but I'm not like them.

I saw the door across the hall open and I watched as he stepped out. I briefly examined him. He looked very different in a suit. I don't know if it was a good or bad thing.

"Ready?" he asked. I nodded. We went outside where a car was waiting to take us.

As we arrived, Chuuya got out of the car. I wanted to open my door, but he stopped me by opening it himself.

Was that necessary?

He linked our arms together. "We need to look like we're together" he said. "But we're not" I answered back. "Pretend" he said. "You can control your ability right?" he asked. I nodded.

It was crucial for me to control my ability so I wouldn't hurt anyone when they'd touch me.

We walked inside and Chuuya immediately scanned the room. "This seems like the main guest room. Griffin would probably be hiding somewhere where he'd be excluded from the rest" he said. "Where would that be?" I asked. "A restroom" he answered.

"Wait for me here" he instructed me. He was about to leave but I tugged at his tie, making him almost clash into me. Our faces were only inches away from each other.

"Don't leave me" I said. His eyes were gazing into mine.They looked so genuine.

"I'll be back soon" he reassured me. I hesitated before allowing him to go. I looked at the floor, trying to make time pass by while not interacting with anyone.

"Oh what a pleasant surprise" I heard behind me. I slowly turned around to face a middle aged man. "How rude of me to not introduce myself. I am Griffin. It's a pleasure to meet you" he said and grinned.

My eyes widened.

It's him.