22: Prisoners

As I got dragged along with the man, I looked back at Chuuya one more time.

I felt helpless. I had to obey his orders so I wouldn't ruin the mission.

He knocked on a door and waited for permission to enter. "Come in" I heard someone behind the door say. The man opened the door before throwing me inside, making me fall to the floor. "I found her at the wrong department. She was there with some guy" he said. I looked up to meet with the eyes of another stranger. He had long white hair and dark eyes. I noticed him holding a very old walking stick.

"You look quite startled" he said. I cleared my throat and tried to relax my face. "Are you new?" he asked. I looked away.

I have always been a terrible liar. Regardless of the situation, I have always had a hard time telling fake truths. Hiding my emotions and pretending to be fine has always been easier for me. I have never had to speak lies out loud.

He let out a chuckle. "I'll take it from here" he told the man behind me. I heard the door behind me close and I looked up at the man in front of me once again. "You seem to be awfully quiet" he commented. "I.. I was just wandering around" I said.

"Who is that so-called guy that you were with?" he asked. "I don't know" I mumbled. "How about" he started and pointed the walking stick towards my face. My eyes widened. He lifted my chin with the stick and stared into my eyes. "You tell me the truth" he proceeded.

"I'm sorry for what I did" I quickly said. He shook his head and let out a laugh. "The department for women is always closed on Wednesday. The only way for you to have made it outside is if you have some sort of special power. Which.. my workers don't possess" he said.

"Someone let me out" I lied. He raised his eyebrows. "Someone?" he asked. "Yes" I said. He crossed his arms and examined my face. "You're a bad liar" he pointed out. "I don't remember recruiting someone like you" he added. "You're either an undercover agent or a different kind of spy" he said and held his hand up. "Which only gives me more reasons to exorcise you" he said with a smirk. His malicious intentions were written all over his face.

A sudden wave of anxiety and panic hit me. I could activate my ability, but I have no right to mess this mission up. I am here with a purpose.

"But I won't" he said. I looked at him surprised. "I can get valuable information out of you" he said. He chuckled. "Do you know what it's like to be.." he said and crouched down in front of me. He brought his face closer to mine. "A prisoner" he whispered.

My eyes widened.

He snapped his fingers. The door behind me opened and before I knew it, I felt two pair of hands pull me onto my feet. "Don't have too much fun" he laughed at me.

"Find out who the guy is that she was with" he instructed the two men that were holding me.

Chuuya.

I hope they won't hurt him.

I have caused him enough harm.

I got blindfolded and dragged out of the room. I knew exactly where this was going

I felt flashbacks hit me.

My blindfold got removed after a while and I opened my eyes to see that I was indeed put in a cell. "And don't even think of trying to escape" one of the men told me before slamming the door shut. I sat on the cold floor. The room was dark and water was dripping from the ceiling.

All I could think about was home.

The home I was so abruptly taken away from.

Alone.

Something I enjoyed.

Being alone.

Away from human beings.

Away from chaos.

At peace.

I rested my back against the wall and stared into the void. The humid air was making me feel sick. It reminded me of my past.

I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep. I wanted to believe that today wasn't real.

It was a nightmare.

----

I was awoken by faint noises coming from the hall. "I didn't do anything wrong" I heard a familiar voice say. "Chuuya" I mumbled to myself. I slowly opened my eyes to see two men holding him and unlocking the door before pushing him inside. "Our boss will speak to you guys tomorrow" one of them said before closing and locking the door. I watched as both of them left.

I rubbed my eyes.

"Y/n" Chuuya said and turned around. "Are you ok?" he asked and kneeled in front of me. I nodded. "I was scared at first" I said. "But I'm alright now" I added. He nodded and put a hand on my head. It took me by surprise. He kindly smiled at me. "As long as I am with you, you have nothing to worry about" he said. I gazed into his eyes.

He sat down next to me. "Did they.. hurt you?" I asked. He shook his head. "I'm fine" he said. I let out a sigh of relief. "I was scared.. they would hurt you" I mubled the last part. He let out a chuckle. "Come on, don't worry about me" he said. "I have trained you. You have seen my capabilities" he said. I nodded. "You're very strong" I said. "And you're even stronger" he said. I looked at him surprised. "I'm-" I started but he cut me off.

"You just need to believe in yourself" he said. "Everyone around you will judge you" he added. "So don't add to that by judging yourself too. Give yourself the strength to do what seems impossible" he said.

I looked him into his eyes.

Pure, honest, passionate.

They say that your eyes are the window to your soul. If that's true, Chuuya would be considered special.

No, he is special.