32: Future

It has been a month since me and Chuuya have been living together. Chuuya has been working at a detective agency. They said his ability could be used for good causes. I have been sitting at home, trying to fill in job applications. I haven't gotten any responses back. I'm not surprised to see that no one is willing to hire me. I have no work experience and I lack social skills.

"I'm home!" Chuuya said as he shut the door. I looked up and smiled at him. "You're home early" I commented. He jumped on the bed. "Yeah there was not much to do so I decided to leave" he said. "Won't your boss get mad? You told me every job has a boss that gives you orders" I pointed out. He shook his head and let out a laugh. "I work at a chaotic place. They don't mind" he said. I nodded. "How did you even end up working there?" I curiously asked. "My old partner works there. He got me the job" he said.

"Old partner? What happened?" I asked. "He left the Port Mafia and decided to use his ability to help people" he said. "Kind of like you right now" I said. Chuuya looked at the floor. "I didn't have a choice" he said. "Tell me" I started and lifted up his chin to make him look at me. "If all those things with Mori didn't happen, would you still be a member of the Port Mafia?" I asked. "Of course" he said with no hesitation. "Are you sure?" I asked. He stayed quiet. "They treated me well" he pointed out. "Do they not treat you well at the agency?" I asked. He looked away. "For someone with terrible communication skills you really do know how to mess with me" he said. I couldn't help but laugh a little.

He scooted next to me and looked at the laptop in my hand. "How are the applications going?" I asked. "Not good, no one is answering me back" I said disappointed. "Let me take a look" he pulled the laptop onto his lap and looked at the applications I had filled in. "Y/n" he suddenly said. "Mhm?" I looked at him. "You have not sent out a single application" he said. I looked at him in shock and snatched the laptop out of his hand. "No, I really did" I said as I was looking through the files. "I did exactly what you showed me" I pointed out.

Chuuya helped me fill in a few applications and showed me the exact steps I have to take. "You have not pressed send on any of these. You have only uploaded the resume" he said. "But this says send" I said as I pointed at the screen. He shook his hand. "It says save" he pointed out. "I taught you the letters. Did you forget?" he asked. I looked at the floor in shame. "I'm sorry" I said. "Don't be sorry, you're trying your best. I'll help you send them in right now" he said. I watched as Chuuya fixed all of my applications.

"And now we wait" he eventually said and closed the laptop. "Wait did you send them?" I asked. He nodded. "I'm already feeling anxious" I said. He placed his hand on mine and gave me a reassuring smile. "There's nothing to be afraid of" he said. Suddenly we heard someone knock on the door. I looked at Chuuya. "Are you expecting someone?" I asked. Suddenly the door flew open to reveal a rather tall guy with messy dark brown hair. I stared at him with big puppy eyes.

He looked back at me and then at Chuuya. "Chuuya!" he suddenly yelled. It took me by surprise. "I finally know where you live" he said with a big smile. "Y/n this is Dazai, Daizai this is Y/n" Chuuya said annoyed. "Nice to meet you" I softly said. "A girl?" Dazai said and put a hand on his chin, acting like he was thinking. "Chuuya has a girlfriend!?" he suddenly exclaimed. I covered my ears. Why was this guy so loud?

"Shut up, you're scaring her" Chuuya said and pushed him out of the room. "I'll be back in a bit" he told me before closing the door and taking Dazai outside.

Chuuya's P.O.V

"Why are you here?" I crossed my arms. "Why did you leave the agency? Kunikida needs you for a mission" Dazai said. "Whatever" I said as I wanted to go inside again. He suddenly grabbed my arm. I turned around to face him. His eyes were dark. He looked serious. "That girl" he said. "She's Y/n Y/l/n isn't she?" he asked. My eyes widened.

"How did you-" I started but he cut me off. "We have searched for her. She went missing for a very long time" he said. "Well now she's with me" I said as I pulled my arm out of his grip. "Chuuya I'm asking you as a friend and a colleague" he suddenly said. "We are not friends" I scoffed. "Did you or did you not kidnap her?" he asked.

I was at a loss for words.

Me?

Kidnap Y/n?