4: Modification

I went with him.

I had no idea who he really was and what his intentions were. I was scared. Very scared.

"Don't be so tense" he said as we walked outside. I breathed in the fresh air. I started coughing. I haven't been outside in a while.

"Do you know how long you have been living here?" he asked me. I shook my head. "I see there's a lot of work to do" he said. I stayed quiet. I was keeping my distance. I didn't want him to get close to me. "You said something about humans" he said. I looked away.

"Are you afraid?" he suddenly asked.

I looked at him. Humans are bad. Even if he's trying to act nice, I know his true intentions. As a human, he only cares about himself. He came to get me because he will benefit from it, not because he cares about me.

"What will you do to me?" I asked. He let out a sigh. "God what did they do to you" he said. I looked at him confused. "I don't know what those bastards did to you, but I'm taking you to a place where you will be safe. We will welcome you as one of us. You will build a new family" he said.

"One of us" I repeated him. He nodded. "Humans" I mumbled. "No no" he panicked. "You can be whatever you want to be" he said. I looked away. "I don't like you" I bluntly said. For some reason it made him laugh. "That's alright" he said. "I don't want people to like me" he added.

We stopped in front of a building. "Just follow me" he said and went inside. I stayed outside. I shook my head. "Are you coming?" he asked. "No" I said and took a step back. "Y/n" he said. My heart skipped a beat. Every time he said my name I was reminded of the past. I haven't heard anyone say my name in so long. It was weird and slightly frightening to hear.

"We will take care of you" he reassured me. "No" I said and turned around. "Take me back home" I said. "That old storage room is not your home" he said. "This is your new home" he said.

I knew humans were bad. I felt my head aching. "Take me back home!" I screamed at him. I tried to breathe. Anxiety and fear were taking over my body.

I couldn't do this anymore. I was going insane.

I held my pained head as my vision slowly started getting blurry. I felt weak in the knees. I couldn't stand up anymore. My body collapsed. He rushed over to me and prevented me from falling to the floor.

I looked at him. I was too weak to keep my eyes fully open. "Take me home" I whispered, before blacking out.

I opened my eyes.

Food?

"It's all for you" I heard behind me. My heart started beating faster. I was feeling anxious. "We will take good care of you" I heard. The voice didn't sound familiar. It wasn't the guy from earlier.

"Where is Chuuya?" I asked. The person let out a laugh. "You won't be seeing him for a while" he said. My eyes widened. Is he dead? Where am I? Are there more humans here? Am I going to die as well?

"Don't worry" I heard as someone stood in front of me. "I'm Mori" he said. "But you can call me boss" he added. I looked at him confused. "I'm the leader of the Port Mafia" he said.

My eyes widened.

No matter what, stay away from the Port Mafia.

You aren't safe.

They will find you.

Run as far as you can.

"I'm scared"

"Take care of yourself, I love you"

I looked at the man in front of me. I shook my head. "Stay away" I said. "I see you have heard about the Port Mafia" he said. "Don't worry, we wouldn't hurt one of our own members" he said with a smirk. "One of our own?" I asked. "Y/n, what do you think about joining the Port Mafia?" he asked. I shook my head again.

"Aren't you interested in finding out who killed your parents?" he asked. My eyes widened. My breath hitched in my throat. "H-How do you know-" I started but he cut me off. "I know more about you than you think" he said. "How does revenge sound to you?" he asked.

I clenched my fists.

My eyes were filled with anger. I was furious. There's nothing that I want more than to avenge the death of my parents. "What do I need to do?" I asked.

He smirked. "I'm glad you're willing to join" he said. "I'm not joining anything" I said. "I want to know who killed my parents" I added. "I want to know who took my youth away, hurt me physically and mentally, and made me turn into the person I am today" I said.

"If you're really that determined then join us" he said. "You can't catch the bad guys on your own" he said. "Join the Port Mafia and avenge the death of your parents. Get revenge for everything they did to you. The people that took you, hurt you, ruined you" he said.

I looked at the floor.

"You won't regret it" he said. I balled my fists.

I stayed quiet for very long.

"Where do I get started?" I eventually asked.

He grinned at me.

"Let's start by freshening you up" he said.