21: Faith

"Are you out of your mind!?" Chuuya yelled at me as we left Mori's office. I closed my eyes and ignored his question. His opinion was irrelevant to me. I needed to do this no matter what.

He suddenly grabbed my shoulders and stopped me from walking any further. "Look at me" he said. I looked up to meet with his eyes. The look on his face was enough to inform me about his doubts.

"Why are you stopping me?" I bluntly asked. He shook his head. "This is a mistake. You're not ready" he said. I frowned. "All those years" I said. "That you have been a Port Mafia member and you never went after the people that took away your youth" I proceeded. "The people that took the life of innocent people, including your own parents" I added. "Don't you want revenge?" I grabbed him by his collar and pulled him closer to me.

"We are doing this together" I whispered, my face only inches away from his.

Chuuya's P.O.V

I watched as she walked away.

I felt numb inside.

Did I really want this? Avenge the death of my parents? Revenge for what they did to me? Is that what life should be about? Vengeance?

As much as I hated the idea of going on this mission, a part of me wanted to go through with it. I looked down at the floor.

I.. have to do this.

-----

Your P.O.V

The day of our mission arrived.

Chuuya and I have been training intensively for the past month.

I felt ready to take on whatever crossed our path. For the first time in my life, I had faith in myself and my abilities. I trusted Chuuya to support and help me as well. This mission was just as important for me as for him.

"Remember, there is no way back. Once you're in, you have to stay in" Mori warned us. We nodded. "Understood" I said. Chuuya turned to look at me. "Are you ready?" he asked. I nodded. "We will provide you both with appropriate clothing to fit in with the rest" Mori said and handed us a pile of clothes.

"I suggest you both get dressed before leaving. Higuchi will drive both of you to your final destination. Do not forget to keep your earpiece in at all costs. Don't show any suspicious behavior and always be on the lookout. You never know who is watching you" he said. We both nodded. "We will do our best" Chuuya took of his hat and put it on Mori's desk.

"Make me proud" Mori smiled at Chuuya.

We both went to our rooms to get dressed and pack our final stuff.

I made my way outside and waited for Higuchi to arrive. I let out a deep sigh. I couldn't believe what I was about to do. Little did I know the consequences that my actions would have.

As soon as Higuchi arrived, Chuuya also made his way outside. We stepped inside the car and waited patiently until we arrived at the location.

"Don't be scared" Chuuya said and gently squeezed my hand. I gave him a reassuring smile. "We are doing this together" I said. "Did Mori give you guys all the instructions?" Higuchi asked. "He did" Chuuya answered back. "There is a GPS tracker in both of your shoes. It's installed within the shoe. Whatever you do, do not lose your shoes or earpiece" she said. We both nodded.

After a long drive we arrived at the location.

"We're here" Higuchi said and stopped the car. I breathed in and deeply exhaled before stepping out. The suspense was killing me. I wanted to get this done as fast as possible. Chuuya and I made our way into the woods. "Stay close to me" he instructed. I nodded.

We both continued to walk a bit further until we saw a bunker. "This seems like the place" Chuuya said. "How do we get inside without being noticed?" I asked. "We wait" he said.

I trusted Chuuya. He has proven to me numerous times that he's not only experienced but also wise. "Once we see someone come outside, we strike" he explained. "We were instructed by Mori to only give out our last names" I reminded him. He nodded.

We heard a creaking noise. "Look!" I whisper-shouted at him. We turned to look at the bunker and saw the door open. A tall and broad-shouldered man stepped outside. "Now" Chuuya said. I followed closely behind him as we ran down the hill and sneaked inside through the door. I let out a sigh of relief as we got inside.

"We did it" I smiled at him. "Yeah we did" he smiled back. "You two!" someone shouted at us. I turned around to see a tall, long-haired man. His tattoo's and facial piercings caught my attention.

"Who allowed you two to take a break? Get back to work" he commanded. "We were just-" Chuuya started but the man looked at me. "A girl?" he asked.

Did Mori not do enough research? Do they not allow girls to work here?

"You must be lost" the man said and grabbed me by my wrist. I saw the look of distress on Chuuya's face. "You will come with me. I'll take you to the rest of the girls" the man said. "B-But I work here" I said. The man let out a laugh. "Men and women don't work together. You have a pretty face, the master might know what to do with you" he said.

My eyes widened.

I was in danger.