7: Deficient

The next morning I woke up with a headache.

I faintly remembered what happened last night.

I closed my eyes.

"Will you leave me?"
"Yes"
"Please don't"

"..I'm sorry"

I reopened my eyes.

"I wish I was at home" I mumbled to myself. I didn't want to be here. I wanted to be alone. These humans have no idea what they're getting themselves into. I'm not meant to interact with them.

I need to leave.

I got dressed and walked out of the room. As I made my way to the hall, I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"And where do you think you're going?"

I turned around to face Mori. "I need to go home" I said. "You are home" he said. I shook my head. "I can't be here" I said as I stepped outside. "You can't leave" he said and made his way towards me. "Stay away" I warned. "Y/n" he said and pulled me back. I looked at how his hand wrapped around my wrist.

He immediately pulled his hand back.

...

"Blood" I heard him say under his breath. I stared at him. I looked at the blood that was dripping down his hand. "Chuuya warned me about this" he spoke. I looked away. "Is this your ability?" he asked. I covered my ears with my hands. "I don't know what you're talking about" I said before turning around and wanting to walk away again. "Fine" he said. "You can leave, but just know the Port Mafia will find you" he added.

I froze.

"Are you threatening me?" I asked as I turned around. "I'm only warning you" he said. I looked at him. Somehow he always had a smile on his face. An expression so convincible, you would almost forget he's the head of a mafia. "You won't find me" I said before turning around and leaving. Before I knew it, I was surrounded by armed guards. My eyes widened as I saw all the weapons pointed at me.

My legs started shaking.

I felt my heart race.

"Go back inside" one of them commanded me as he loaded his gun. I took a step back in fear. Many old memories hit me all at once. I fell to my knees. I buried my face in my hands. "Do it" I said.

Mori's eyes widened.

"Please" I choked out.

"I can't do this anymore" I said. "I'm not human" I added. "I can't continue living my life around such people" I said as a tear rolled down my face. "So please.. release me from my pain" I said.

"Stop" I heard someone say.

I looked up.

"Everyone put your weapons down" he commanded.

"Chuuya what a lovely surprise" Mori smiled.

He walked up to me and kneeled down in front of me.

"You will be alright" he said and held his hand out. I know I can't touch him. I looked him in the eyes.

Why?

Why were his eyes not filled with evil?

Why did he seem so genuine?

I looked away.

"I can't" I said back as I distanced myself from him.

My eyes widened.
He grabbed my hand and pulled me closer.

I saw him flinch a little as our skin made contact.

"Chuuya you're bleeding" I said shocked. "It's nothing" he said. "Please let go of me" I said. "I will only hurt you" I added. "No" he said. I watched as his hand was completely covered in red. "Please" I whispered. "Let go" I said as I felt the feeling of guilt take over me. He pulled me up so that I stood in front of him. "Act like I'm taking you inside by force" he said. "Make it look convincible" he added before grabbed me by my shirt. I played along and watched as the others allowed him to take me inside.

"Why did you do that?" I asked. "Otherwise they wouldn't have let me take you inside" he said. "Mori would have probably taken measures at this point" he added and let out a sigh. "Why?" I asked him. "Why are you protecting me?" I asked. "I'm not" he said. "I'm just trying to keep what is ours" he added.

I looked at him in shock.

Suddenly flashbacks of my kidnapping hit me.

"You belong to us now" the man in front of me said.
"If you don't cooperate with us, you know the consequences" he threatened.
The only emotion I felt was fear.
"What did you do to my parents?" I asked as I looked at the floor.
He grinned at me and lifted my chin.
"Wanna find out?" he asked.

"I don't belong to anyone" I said mad. "Face it Y/n" he said. "As much as you would like it, you won't be able to escape this place" he said. "And why not?" I asked.

"You're deficient" he said. "In all aspects" he added.

My heart dropped. I felt an emotion that I hadn't felt in very long.

I felt a shock go through my body.

I had no idea what was going to happen next.