8: Affinity

It seemed as if I had activated my ability without noticing.

I haven't used my ability ever since I was a child. I have always been scared to hurt others.

My ability consists out of extreme destructive powers, which I have never learned to control.

Chuuya's P.O.V

I watched as a black and red glow surrounded her. Her eyes turned a bright shade of yellow.

This must be her ability. I don't know exactly what it is, but it doesn't seem like she purposely tried to activate it. In fact, it looks like she has no control over it.

Your P.O.V

I tried to stop myself from walking towards him, but I couldn't.

"Are you challenging me?" he smirked at me. "Chuuya" I said. "Please go" I said. "I will kill you" I added. He looked at me surprised.

"You need to leave" I pointed out. "I'm not leaving" he said. "I don't know how to control this" I said. "If I touch you.." I started and looked at him. "You will die" I finished.

He looked at me with an expression that was hard to read. He seemed shocked and confused at the same time. "What exactly.. is your ability?" he asked me. I suddenly appeared in front of him and lifted my hand, my fingers slowly stroking his cheek. His eyes widened. I felt blood on my hands.

"Why?" he asked. "Why do people bleed when they come in contact with you?" he asked.

"My skin is like a blade" I said. "Touching me will give the same sensation as accidentally cutting yourself with a knife or razor" I explained.

"Now that my ability is activated, one touch and your entire body will be sliced into pieces" I said. His breath hitched in his throat. "So please leave" I said. I tried to stop my movements to give him room to leave. For some reason he was not moving at all.

"Chuuya" I said.

"I'm sorry" he suddenly said.

I looked at him confused.

"I should have saved you earlier" he said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

He remained silent.

"I won't go" he then said. "Chuuya-" I started but he cut me off. "Try to deactivate your ability" he said. "I can't" I pointed out. "You're not trying" he said. "Focus all your energy to one point of your body" he said. I shook my head. "It's not that easy" I said.

"At least try" he said.

I did as told and closed my eyes.

"Listen to my voice" he said. "Gather all your energy together and focus on one specific part of your body" he added. "Then release that energy" he said. I tried really hard to do as told.

I felt a slight headache coming up. "You got this" he reassured me. I sat down on the ground. I felt the tension rise. I started feeling my heart race. "Just continue breathing" he instructed me. I focused on his voice and slowly breathed in and out.

Suddenly I felt something snap.

As if someone just pulled an elastic and it snapped in half.

I opened my eyes to see that everything seemed to be back to normal.

"How?" I mumbled to myself. I looked up at Chuuya. "You did that yourself" he said. "You can become very strong if you learn how to control your ability" he added. I shook my head. "I never want to use my ability" I said. He held his hand out. I rejected it. "Come on, I'll help you up" he said. "I just explained why I can't come in contact with you" I said. "Trust me" he grinned at me.

I hesitantly reached for his hand. He pulled me up onto my feet. He held his hand up and smiled at me.

Nothing.

"H-How?" I asked shocked.

"A little secret" he said back.

I looked at my own hand.

Also nothing.

....

Did he find a way to suppress my ability?