33: Emotion

Chuuya's P.O.V

"Are you out of your mind?" I asked. Dazai stared into my eyes, his expression blank. "You know me longer than today" I pointed out. "Why would I kidnap a girl?" I asked. He stayed silent.

"So you don't know?" he suddenly asked. "Don't know what?" I asked. "That Mori was behind her kidnapping" he said. My eyes widened. My breath hitched in my throat. I started to feel nauseous. "I take your reaction as a no" he said and turned around to leave. I grabbed onto his arm.

He turned around with a surprised expression. "I know what Mori did" I said. He gave me a confused look. "So you were part of the Port Mafia and you knew that Mori kidnapped Y/n" Dazai said. "Why didn't you save her earlier?" he asked.

That question.

Everything started replaying in my head. Why couldn't I save her earlier? Why was I so stupid to see that the monster all along was right in front of me? Why did I wait so long to help her escape? What was I afraid of? Why? Why? Why?

I reached to hold my head in between both of my hands. I couldn't take this anymore. "I didn't kidnap her" I said. "Then why-" Dazai started but I cut him off. "I love her" I said. "What?" he asked surprised. "I love her!" I yelled at him and pushed him against the wall. "Don't ever question me again" I warned him as I activated my ability.

Dazai's P.O.V

His eyes turned dark. The red glow surrounding him indicated that he was using his ability. I felt him push me deeper into the wall. I was lying if I said it didn't hurt. I looked him in the eyes and remained silent. His eyes were turning red and watery. I felt guilty by looking at him. I clearly upset him and brought up a sensitive topic. "You know" he said as he looked me in the eyes. "I was kidnapped too" he said. My eyes widened.

Chuuya's P.O.V

"H-How?" he asked shocked. "Mori kidnapped me as a child along with his team" he said. "Thinking that I'd be of good use when I'm older. He later made me an offer that he'd buy my freedom if I would join the mafia. Little did I know, Mori was behind everything from the start. He manipulated me and deceived me into thinking he was my saviour" I said.

Dazai looked at me with an expression that I hadn't seen in a while. Sadness.

"Chuuya" he said. I let go of him and took a step back. "You don't even know half of the truth yet. The things that happened to me and Y/n are indescribable. I would never hurt her or let anyone hurt her ever again. I care about her. She stuck by my side through everything and understands me like no one else" I said.

"I see you have actual feelings towards her" Dazai said. "I didn't think you'd ever feel this way" he added. I looked away. "How?" I asked. "How did you find me and how did you know that Mori was behind everything?" I asked. Dazai grinned. "It's a secret" he said. I grabbed him by the throat and backed him up against the door. "Speak up" I demanded. He held his hands up in defence. "It wasn't hard to figure out considering we have Ranpo on our team" he said.

"Ranpo" I repeated him. "The dark haired guy without an ability?" I asked surprised. Dazai nodded. "But don't tell him that. He likes to think that he has one. Not to mention, he's always right" he said. "Whatever" I said and let got of hum. "You can leave now, I've told you enough" I pointed out. Dazai gave me a perverted smile. I was taken back by it. "So you can go back to your wife?" he cheekily grinned. I couldn't help but feel a little embarrassed.

"I'll leave you two then" Dazai said. "And for next time, you can't just leave the agency" he added. "As if you didn't disappear last time to do your suicidal bastard routine" I scoffed. "Hey!" Dazai said offended. "At least I was doing something important" he said. I looked into his eyes. Dazai isn't someone who opens up about his feelings. In fact, he's a lost man. A lost man in so many ways.

In a certain sense he reminds me of Y/n. However, Y/n is trying really hard to improve while Dazai has been putting a mask on his entire life. It's easy to hide your feelings. Talking about them is what actually takes courage.