6: Nightmares

At a certain point it was time to sleep.
I was still distancing myself from everyone.
I knew Mori only wanted me to work for him because he was out for something.

What exactly? I wasn't sure.

"You can sleep here" Mori told me. I looked at the bed in front of me. "This will be your room for the time being" he added. I didn't respond and just sat down on it.

A bed.

Something that I haven't seen in very long. I always slept on the floor.

I closed my eyes as a I laid down. I needed to recover from this hectic day.

Chuuya's P.O.V

I was awakened by the sound of screaming. I rubbed my eyes and sat up on my bed. I felt my heart skip a beat as I heard another scream.

I had to look at what was going on.

I had a feeling that it was Y/n, but I didn't want to jump to conclusions too fast.

I made my way to the hall and walked up to her door.

I slowly opened the door and made my way inside. She was twisting and turning in her sleep. I kneeled down next to her bed.

"Y/n" I whispered. She didn't wake up. I raised my voice a bit. "Y/n are you ok?" I asked and gently shook her awake. She opened her eyes and looked at me. Her eyes were filled with nothing but fear.

"It's ok" I said, trying to calm her down. "Why are you here?" she asked me. Her entire body was shaking. "Please don't hurt me" she said.

"I'm not here to hurt you" I said. Her eyes were staring into mine. "Why are you here?" she asked again. "You were screaming" I said. "It woke me up" I added.

Your P.O.V

I looked at him.

"I am sorry" I said. His facial expression was hard to read. Was he feeling sad? Or tired?

"I ruined your sleep" I said. "Please don't punish m-" I started but he cut me off. "I won't" he said. "Look, I don't know what they did to you but at the Port Mafia we protect each other" he said.

I looked at him. I didn't know how to respond.

"You are one of us now" he added.

I looked away.

Us.

As in humans?

"No" I said back. "You need time to adjust" he said. "Just try to rest well for now. If you need anything just ask Mori" he said and got up.

I watched as he made his way to the door.

"Chuuya" I said.

He turned around.

"Mori told me to stay away from you" I said.

He didn't seem fazed by the comment.

He let out a chuckle. "Let that old man talk" he said. "I do whatever I want. That doesn't make me a bad person now does it?" he said.

"It does" I said.

For some reason he had to laugh.

Did I say something funny?

Laughter is linked to happiness right?

Did I make him happy?

"You sure are an interesting one" he said before making his way to the door again.

"Sleep well" he said.

"And don't listen to Mori" he added before closing the door.

I stared at the door.

He didn't seem like a bad person.

Why would Mori tell me to stay away?

I looked at the ceiling as I closed my eyes and tried to get back to sleep.