26: Execution

It was the day of Chuuya's execution.

I couldn't sleep all night and neither could he.
What was I so scared of?
I always thought the life of human beings didn't concern me.
I never cared.

What life really is has always been a mystery to me. I never thought I would wake up one day and fear death. I never valued my life as something worth to cherish nor did I ever look at someone and wanted to keep them alive.

My entire life I have dreaded humans. I would have done anything to limit the count of humans around me. So how come. How come I'm so determined to protect Chuuya and keep him alive.

Was it something inside me that changed or did he change me?

I looked beside me to see him nervously fidgeting with his hands. This was the first time that I saw him being scared of something.

"You won't die" I said. "I won't let you" I added.

"You can't change what has been determined" he said. I shook my head. "Nothing is determined yet" I said. "Trust me the way I have trusted you" I added. He looked away. "And where did that bring you?" he asked. "You're locked up with me and will witness my death. After that, you will get locked up again and used for the rest of your life" he said.

"You should have killed me the moment you saw me enter that old basement" he added.

"Chuuya" I said shocked. "Stop pretending that you care" he said. "It hurts" he added and looked at the floor. "I'm not pretend-" I started but suddenly one of the guards appeared in front of our cell.

"Redhead get up, your time has come" he said and opened the door. Chuuya slowly got up from the floor. The guard tied his arms together and handcuffed me separately.

No blindfolds?

I walked behind Chuuya. I could tell that he was afraid. "You will come with me" I heard someone behind us say. Another guard. He made his way towards me and separated me from Chuuya and the other guard. I tried to resist but I knew it was no use.

I didn't know where he was taking me. I knew they wanted to keep me alive, but the feeling of suspense was scaring me.

We soon arrived in front of a gate. The guard opened the door and guided me to a row of chairs. I sat down and immediately got strapped to my seat.

"Well well well" I heard a familiar voice say.

"Mori" I mumbled under my breath. "I see you are ready to witness the death of your friend" he spoke. I glared at him. I knew I could defeat him. Not just him, but everyone inside this room.

I'm strong enough.

I looked behind Mori to see the other guy that he seemed to work together with. I watched as he sat Chuuya down on a chair and tied his legs and arms together.

I couldn't let this happen. I had to stop them.

Mori walked over to them and smiled at Chuuya. "You have been good" he said. "A very very good.." he said and patted Chuuya's head. "Dog" he added.

Chuuya's P.O.V
Was he degrading me?
Is that what I am?
A dog?

I glanced over at Y/n, the look in her eyes was making me anxious. I knew she was planning something. Something stupid. Something that would either get us both killed or saved.