31: Endearment

I nervously started drinking my water.

I wanted this dinner to be over as soon as possible so we could leave.

The food took a while to come and we both ate in silence. I couldn't finish my food. I wasn't hungry anymore. "Why aren't you eating?" he suddenly asked. I ignored his question and looked away.

"Is something wrong?" he asked. "Why are you still talking to me?" I asked. "I thought you didn't want to be associated with not-normal humans" I added. He put his fork down. "So that's what this is about" he said and looked at me. "Y/n I didn't mean to offend you in any way" he said. "I just told the waitress why it took you so long to order" he added. "That was irrelevant information" I said back. "She didn't have to know" I added.

"So you're blaming me for embarrassing you?" he asked. "It's not just that" I said. "You said I wasn't normal" I added. "But Y/n" he said and sighed. "You have to admit that you don't fit in with modern society" he said. "I know that" I said. "Look I get what you mean but-" he started but I cut him off. "We had the same youth" I said. "Why can't you be understanding of me?" I asked back. "Y/n I'm the only one who understands you" he said. "You don't act like it" I said back.

He stayed quiet and looked at me. "It's not my fault you can't adjust to people" he suddenly said. "Indeed we had the same youth. So why was I able to fit in while you weren't?" he asked. "What made your youth any worse than mine for you to feel like I should be treating you differently?" he asked. "Why do you always have to act like you had it worse than everyone around you!" he raised his voice at me.

I was taken back by his tone of voice. People started looking at us. "You had Rei" I said back. "You had people that cared about you" I added. "I had no one!" I yelled. He looked away. We both stayed quiet for a bit. "Do I have to remind you of who saved you in the first place?" he asked as he made eye contact with me. "I am the reason you are here today" he added. "I would have made it out by myself without your help" I said. He scoffed.

"I think we are done here" he said before getting up.

----

We arrived back at the place where we were staying.

"You just had to yell at me" Chuuya said annoyed. "And you just had to make fun of me" I said and crossed my arms. We were both staring into each other's eyes. I could feel the tension between us.

"You have no right to be mad" I said. "You started by making fun of me and hurting my feelings" I added. He let out a sigh. "Why did you have to say such bad things back to me?" he asked. "Because I was upset!" I raised my voice at him.

"Shhh" he shushed me by covering my mouth. "I told you to not let Rei get suspicious. He paid for us to have a good time, he can't hear us fighting" he reminded me. "Then stop making me mad" I said. He stayed silent. We were only standing inches away from each other.

We suddenly heard someone coming up the stairs. "Is everything alright?" we heard Rei ask. "Everything is fine" Chuuya said back. "Good, cause I thought I heard someone yelling" he said. "Don't worry, it wasn't us" Chuuya reassured him. Rei went downstairs again and Chuuya let out a sigh of relief.

"You need to watch your tone" he said. "Maybe I don't want to do that" I said. "Y/n what do you want to hear?  I'm sorry ok. I didn't mean what I said back there. I was frustrated because you took so long" he said. "You don't even mean what you're saying" I said and looked at the floor. I felt myself getting sad.

He placed his hand on my cheek and gently cupped my face. "Don't be upset" he said. I looked away. "Why haven't you left me yet?" I asked. He was taken back by my words. "I've only caused you trouble. I don't know how to act in public. I'm ungrateful, aggressive, rude, not normal.. and so much more" I said.

"Why? Why would you spend time around someone like me. I know you tried to fight your feeling of guilt by helping me, but we are both alright now. So why are you still here?" I asked. He stayed quiet.

"The more time we spend together, the more we work on each other's nerves" I said. "Stop pretending like you care about me when I know you don't" I looked up to meet with his eyes.

"You want something from me. Why else would you stick around someone who's not normal" I said. "You're going to use me like everybody else" I added. "And I don't know-" I started but he cut me off by grabbing my face and pressing his lips onto mine. I was startled by his sudden action. 

Is this a kiss?
I had never kissed anyone before in my life.

"Screw being normal" he said as he pulled back and looked into my eyes. "I want you" he said. "There's nothing else I want" he added. I felt like I was getting lost in his eyes. They were filled with passion and sincerity. He slowly backed me up against the bed. He laid me down before reconnecting our lips. He held my waist with one hand while placing the other one onto my cheek.

I felt a feeling that I had never felt before in my life. Desire, lust, passion. Love?

I didn't know what it was, but I knew I didn't want it to end. I didn't want him to stop. I didn't want him to separate our bodies from each other. I felt his hand sliding to my lower back. "Relax" he whispered against my lips. He made his way to my neck, tracing my skin with kisses. I couldn't help but let out a whimper. "Chuuya" I said. He slowly pulled away, the warmth of his lips still lingering on my skin.

I opened my eyes to meet with his. He softly smiled at me. I smiled back and reached out to hold his hand. "I'm not testing whether I'm controlling my ability" I said. "I just really wanted to hold your hand" I added. He chuckled.

"You know" he said and looked down at our intertwined fingers. "Your hand fits perfectly in  mine" he said. I examined our hands. He was right.

"Your hands are warm" I said. "It gives me comfort" I added. He looked into my eyes, remaining silent. He slowly pulled me closer by my waist. I felt my body temperature rising. "Well then I'll keep you warm more often if that's what you want" he said. I shyly nodded. 

I tugged at his tie to pull his face closer to mine. He looked at me surprised. "Please" I whispered. "Never leave me ok?" I added while gazing into his eyes.

"I promise" he said.