9: Confluence

It's been 2 days since I last saw Chuuya.

I was going to meet with Mori today to discuss what my part would be in the Port Mafia.

I made my way to his office and knocked on his door. He let me inside and I proceeded to sit down in front of his desk.

"Chuuya told me what happened the other day" he said and smiled at me. His smile didn't fool me anymore. I knew his real intentions were bad. "I have made a decision" he continued. "Chuuya will be training you to control your ability" he said. "Without control over your ability and strength, you won't be much of an asset for the Port Mafia" he said.

"Then what's the point of keeping me here?" I asked. "We can't let you go" he said. "You're too powerful to not be on our side" he said. "How do you know that?" I asked.

"Y/n" he said and got up. "Want me to tell you something" he said. I looked at him confused. "I see you have slowly started to get more comfortable around people" he said and smiled. "I like that" he added.

I didn't know where this was going, but I had a feeling that something bad was about to come. "Your parents" he suddenly said. "We all wonder why people would hurt other people" he said.

"But let me ask you something. Why wouldn't we hurt other people?" he asked. "Just because they're blood and flesh doesn't mean we cannot cause them harm right?" he asked. I shook my head. "You can't just-" I started but he cut me off.

"Want to know why your parents ended the way they did?" he asked. I slowly nodded as I looked at him. "It's because of you" he said. My eyes widened.

Me?

"W-What do you mean?" I asked. I felt my hands tremble. "The people that kidnapped you" he said. "Don't you ever wonder why you were kept alive?" he asked. "Did you really think you would get executed?" he asked.

I couldn't believe my ears. "Y-You're lying" I said. I got up from my seat. "I wish I was" he said and let out a sigh. "They were after you and your powers. Word had spread that there was a child with insane powers. Powers that could take over the world. They were after you Y/n. Your parents tried to stop them. To them, your parents were just an obstacle to get rid of" he said.

I stared at Mori and shook my head. I felt like I couldn't breathe properly anymore.

"No" I said. "No no no" I repeated. "You are lying" I shook my head again and walked up to him. I grabbed him by his collar and pinned him against the wall. "Tell me the truth!" I demanded with tears in my eyes. "I have told you everything I know, which is the complete truth" he said.

"Stop lying!" I yelled at him. "Y/n we just want to protect you here at the Port Mafia. Train you in using your ability so you can get to avenge the death of your parents" he said.

I didn't trust anyone anymore.

"Why would you help me?" I asked. "Because I get a strong Port Mafia member in return" he smiled at me. "And I'm always looking for new recruits" he added. "I won't be here for long" I said as I wiped my tears away. "Once I find whoever killed my parents, I'm gone" I added.

Mori shrugged. "Whatever you say" he said.

I let go off him and backed away. "You're free to go" he said. "You will meet with Chuuya later today for your first training" he said. "I thought I had to stay away from him" I pointed out.

Mori let out a chuckle. "Just don't get too personal with him" he said

Later that day it was time for my training with Chuuya. I had locked myself up in my room. I have been crying ever since I left Mori's office. I couldn't believe that I was the reason behind my parents' death. They tried to protect me. All they ever did was for me.

And I..

I ended up being the cause of their death.

Why? Why do all the good people always have to go?

I heard a knock on my door. I wiped my face. "Come in" I said. The door opened to reveal Chuuya.

His expression changed when he saw me. "Have you been crying?" he quickly asked.

Was that concern on his face?

"No" I simply said as I got up. He didn't say anything and just looked at me.

"I'm sorry" he then said.

"Why do you keep apologising?" I asked.

He looked away.

"I-" he started.

"I don't know" he said. "Should we start your first training?" he changed the subject. I slowly nodded and followed him outside.

"Did you know about my parents?" I asked him as we made our way to the training room.

He looked away.

"I did" he said. "I didn't feel like it was my place to tell you" he added and opened the door of the room.

"I see" I said and walked inside.

Chuuya's P.O.V

I'm sorry Y/n.

There's still a lot you don't know.

One day..

One day I will tell you.