Chapter 9

(Natasha's POV)

(this might be more of a shorter chapter, sorrys!!)

i woke up to loud talking in the living room. so much for a nap. i get up stretching and yawning, i take the covers off my legs and stand up making my way to the room door.

I hear Obi-Wan, Thor, Loki, Ahsoka, and Clint all talking in the living room. why are they here? i open the door and walk into the living room, probably looking like a complete mess since i just woke up. "Natasha your finally awake." Clint said with his hands on his hips, why does he look so mad?

"Obi-Wan said you confronted Maul and you were able to get him to tell you who the Sith lord was?" Ahsoka asked in her innocent voice, but in this situation, it wasn't innocent. I nodded slightly, i hate confrontation, always have.

"Master Kenobi, don't be mad at her, she did us a favor." Ahsoka said turning to an Anger Jedi master. Obi-Wan sighed "look, i'm not mad that she found out about Sidious, i'm mad that she went to confront Maul, who is deadly and dangerous and could have killed her, one of us should have went with, we wouldn't want you getting hurt that's all." Loki snickered, Thor and i noticed "and what's so funny?" i asked crossing my arms. "someone seems to have taken a little liking to you Miss Romanoff." i just rolled my eyes and walked to the kitchen to grab some tea.

"Shut up Loki" Thor boomed, i snickered myself as i mixed the tea packet in with the warm water. Obi-Wan sighed and walked into the kitchen. "next time you decide to go talk to a sith, let one of the masters know and we will join you, understand?" i turned to face him, anger just settling on my face.

"I understand you want to protect me Master Kenobi, but i think i am pretty sure i can take care of myself, i can defend myself. I was the one that helped with the capture earlier, i was the one who helped you guys on Earth, i was the one who gave the idea of you guys staying down on earth since it's a new planet to you, i was the one that offered to learn on how to use a lightsaber just so i can help win your battles, and i'm doing pretty good aren't i? you even said it yourself. don't you ever, underestimate me!" i shouted and walked passed him making sure to bump his shoulder as i walked into my room slamming the door shut. i didn't mean to yell or go off... but i guess it just happened.

3rd person POV:

Obi-Wan stared in awe as he stood in the kitchen, frozen by the sudden outburst. Thor cleared his throat. "give her time, once she's cooled off, i vote Obi-Wan to talk to her." Clint said raising his hand in the air, Loki snickered. Obi-Wan slowly turned his head towards Clint. "unless you want to see my head, off my body and in her hand. then don't vote me to go see her" Ahsoka couldn't hold back and started bursting out in laughter, soon joined my Loki and Thor. Clint put his hand down.

"Obi-Wan, we all understand how you only want to protect her, and all of us, but she is strong and independent, she can do it herself. she's a badass." Clint said sitting back down on the couch, Ahsoka sat next to him holding her stomach from the pain of laughing. "why are you laughing?!" Obi-Wan snapped getting annoyed, Ahsoka wheezed and fell on the ground.

"what is so funny Ahsoka Tano?" Obi-Wan asked again, she finally got up and breathed a few time before speaking "because your scared of a girl" then she fell to the ground laughing again, joined by Thor while Loki laughed in the corner. Clint joined laughing holding his chest. "i'm not scared!" Obi-Wan said. "sureeee" Loki said holding his chest that's still hurting and sore. "fine, i'll talk to her." Obi-Wan turned and walked into Natasha's room.

"he's fucked." Clint said, everyone agrees once the laughing stopped.

xxx

"can we talk?" Obi-Wan asked sitting on Clint's bed across from Natasha's, Natasha looked up, she didn't look angry anymore, more calm and collected. "What is it?" she asked, Obi-Wan sighed and looked up to meet her eyes with his. "i didn't mean to make anything sound like i underestimated you, i just don't want you getting hurt, and i didn't think you knew what these Sith are capable of, that's all." He said, Obi-Wan hates to admit he's wrong, it's always been a pet peeve for him. growing up whenever he had an argument with a master or even Anakin and he was wrong, he would always hate apologizing and admitting he was in the wrong.

Obi-Wan moved to sit beside Natasha on her bed. "forgive and forget?" He asked, Natasha smirked and nodded. Natasha looked into Obi-Wan's bright blue gorgeous ocean eyes, getting lost in them. until they moved closer.. and closer. "HEY LOVE BIRDS WE NEED TO GO!" Ahsoka yelled as she slammed open the door. Obi-wan clenched his fists "what is it Ahsoka?"

"Maul, he's gone insane." She said, Obi-Wan snickered "isn't he always?"

"no i mean, literally, possessed type." Natasha stood up quickly alerted, Obi-Wan stood up and checked to see if his lightsaber was attached. "okay, let's go."

xxx

Walking down the hall, Natasha seemed a little on edge. "you alright?" Ahsoka asked putting a hand on her shoulder comfortably "could it be the sith lord, Sidious. Maul said he was his old master,
what if they still have some sort of relation with each other?" Natasha asked, Ahsoka pondered that for a while. "actually, you may be right, smart!"

the others already waited for them at Maul's cell. "what's going on?" Obi-Wan asked as he saw Maul hyperventilating, his forehead against the cold wall of the cell, and his hand clenching in and out of a fist. "He went mad, completely mad, it looks like he's fighting with his self conscious." Bruce said, Tony stole a look and turned away from the horrid sight.

"so you're saying he randomly just went mad?" Natasha asked crossing her arms "that's what i was told by the guards, he scared them away." everyone looked inside the cell, he wasn't looking to good, breathing uneven, hand against the wall clenching in and out of a fist, forehead against the wall, he's growling and occasionally screaming, and he's sweating everywhere.

Natasha had an idea. "Bruce, maybe i can try what i do with you to deform as the hulk." Bruce snapped his head around to look at Natasha. "do you see him as a big scary green monster? no, so it won't work."

"it could, i have my weapons on hand, let me in." Obi-Wan almost choked on his own saliva. "you're joking right? he could kill you with one slash of his hand!" Natasha's nose scrunched up in anger but controlled herself "please, i know what i'm doing." Obi-Wan gave up, knowing there is no point to this argument, and nodded at Anakin who was by the control panel. he pressed the green button turning the Shield off and letting Natasha in, once she walked in Anakin pressed the red button putting the shield back in its place.

"Maul, you need to calm down." she started and put her hand out taking cautious steps towards the rabid beast in front of her. he growled in response. "Maul, whatever is trying to take over, you can fight it, me and you both know you're stronger than this, if you can survive being cut in half then you can survive this." Obi-Wan couldn't help but snicker, she sent him a look of 'shut up before i shank you.' She looked back at Maul and took another step.

Maul looked at Natasha, the look of helplessness, the look of needing, the look of fail. "Maul please. fight it, don't let it take control." She took another step, close enough to where she can easily touch his shoulder with her outstretched hand.

"how do you know this will work?" Anakin said leaning against the wall. "Natasha knows what she is doing... right?" Obi-Wan asked, half believing, half not. worried for Natasha's safety.

Maul screamed and fell on the ground holding his head between his hands, he looked up, and his eyes flashes blue.

Loki noticed, no one else did.

"Natasha GET OUT OF THERE!" Loki yelled, Natasha turned around glaring "i'm not kidding, get the hell out of there right now." Loki stated, glaring back at her. she looked back at Maul who was sitting on the ground holding his head, his eyes flashed blue again, and this time Natasha noticed, but paid no mind to it.

"Natasha, i know you don't trust me, i know i tried to kill everyone and conquer earth, but please just this once listen to me damnit!" Loki yelled, Natasha listened and the shield opened for her to walk out, and Anakin closed it again. "what the hell Loki?!" she shouted, Loki sighed and leaned against the wall sliding down to the floor, sitting on the ground breathing heavily, his chest sore and aching.

"his eyes, did you notice?" he asked, Natasha nodded, along with Obi-Wan and Bruce.

"What does that Mean Loki?" Natasha asked.

"Thanos."