Chapter 12

(3rd Person POV)

Everyone went to their designated Quarters, new guards went to guard the cells, they all mourn for the loss of the clones that fought for their lives.

it was late, Everyone was retiring for the night and going to bed, Natasha couldn't stop thinking about that hug that Obi-Wan gave her, Ahsoka couldn't stop thinking about that kiss, Loki hasn't said a word to her about it ever since, and she feels like he regrets it.

Obi-Wan layed down that night, he thought about Natasha, when he knows he shouldn't, he takes his Jedi life seriously, he liked Satine, cared for her a lot, but Natasha makes him feel giddy whenever she's around. he hasn't felt that way since he met Satine.

Anakin snuck out to go see Padmè as normal, as he does every night, it's really not a secret anymore, everyone knows.

in the morning.

"Wake up!" Anakin yelled from the doorway in Ahsoka's room. "ughhh why so early?" she asked and grabbed a pillow covering her face.

"Mauls awake" he said with a hint of smirk on his voice, she could just hear that smirk. Ahsoka jumped out of bed, stretching, yawning, and pulled on her boots and grabbed her lightsaber. "what are you waiting for let's go." she said, Anakin laughed full heartedly, that gentle friendly laugh.

they walk in the living room, Tony was getting on his shoes, Steve was finishing up a cup of coffee.

"are the others already there?" Ahsoka asked sitting down next to Tony on the couch. "No, i want to get there before Obi-Wan so he can see i'm not always late" Ahsoka rolled her eyes and waited for Tony and Steve to get ready.

once they finished they rushed out of Anakin's quarters and down to the cells.

as Anakin wished, they were first down there, he silently cheered and waited for Obi-Wan to arrive.

"why are you so happy?" Tony yawned, Anakin scoffed "Obi-Wan always complained how i'm always late, i'll show him i'm not." Ahsoka rolled her eyes, she saw in the distance that Natasha and Clint were walking towards them with Windu behind them, Obi-Wan, Loki, Thor, and Bruce following behind him.

"hah in here before you." Anakin teased Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan yawned and smacked Anakin's shoulder playing it off as an accident "ow!" Obi-Wan snickered and walked to Maul's cell. Natasha got close to the force shield watching intently.

Maul was on the floor groaning, holding his head. he looked up and his eyes were red and yellow, his normal eye color, for a sith.

"how you feeling?" Tony said sarcastically, Maul growled "my head hurts." Natasha chuckled and got closer to the shield "you can thank me."

"What happened?" Maul asked, he looked around, confused.

"you were being mind controlled by someone named Thanos." Anakin explained, Maul got up on his feet, stumbling a little bit then sat down on the bench in his cell. he sighed and took a weird interest in his feet.

"i don't remember anything." Maul whispered

"that's what mind control is, you are trapped in your mind while the person mind controlling you takes over." Tony laughed. Maul growled deep in his throat and layed down facing the wall.

"let's leave him alone." Anakin said pushing everyone to leave, Obi-Wan stayed, glaring at him. Natasha noticed and stayed with Obi-Wan.

"he won't get out Obi-Wan, come on." she whispered, Obi-Wan didn't move. "Obi-Wan?" Natasha tried again, no response.

"okay, just meet us in Anakin's quarters." She said and sighed as she turned to follow the group out.

once in Anakin's quarters, Windu said he was leaving to go meet with the council about the situation, Tony and Steve chatted quietly in the corner, laughing occasionally. Clint cleaned his bow and arrows, Natasha sat at the table with coffee, remembering the face Obi-Wan wore when he stared at Maul, the face of sadness, anger, sorrow, mourning, all at once, she understands the loss of a loved one. but capturing the murderer, she understands he wants to hurt him. but that's not the Jedi way.