Chapter 26

"HES AWAKE!" Loki yelled, Thor woke up from sleeping and stared at Loki in disbelief. "he squeezed my hand!" Thor stood up and kneeled on the other side of Anakin's bed.

"now all you have to do is open your eyes Ani, you can do it." Loki said, he was squeezing Anakin's hand in a fearful, cheery death grip. There was no response. Thor sighed.

"i promise you he squeezed my hand i'm not playing around." Loki said, Thor put his hands up "i believe you Brother."

"HE DID IT AGAIN." Loki shouted, Thor jumped at the sudden outburst. "calm down." he said, they stared at Anakin, looking hopeful.

"let him rest, he may be only able to move his hand and not open his eyes." Thor said, he got up to sit back in his chair yawning.

Loki held tighter onto Anakin's hand, hopeful, he wished to see Anakin's eyes flutter open, squeezing Loki's hand was a start, and Loki can deal with that, knowing Anakin is listening. Loki was worried about Anakin, and he had no intentions with Anakin like his father and brother do, he cares for Anakin.

Anakin has been through hell when he was younger, being a slave, then once he became a jedi all he wants to do was free them, then his mother died in his arms, once he was knighted, he was a knight for years, the council wouldn't give him the master rank because they don't trust him, and they call him the 'chosen one' a little while back before the snap, Anakin told Loki is whole life story. Loki felt connected to Anakin in a way, Loki felt like he needed to become that father figure and protect him at all costs. Anakin never knew his father, he didn't have a father, so Loki wanted to step up and be a father figure to him.

Loki related to him, he was adopted, Odin lied to him his whole life, saying he was going to be king then gave it to Thor, and came to find out he's a frost giant. Odin never trusted Loki, and he wanted people to notice him. he wanted to be king, like he was promised when he was a kid.

that's why he wants to always keep an eye on Anakin, be that father that Anakin never knew. Loki knows he has Obi-Wan, which is why when he comes back to Asgard and Anakin to the Jedi Temple, he has Obi-Wan to be there and protect Anakin. he's in good hands.

he didn't feel comfortable telling Odin and Thor, they don't need to be in Loki's business, Odin always tried to know what Loki is always up to, and Loki isn't having it. now he had Thor stalking him to find out why.

Anakin very slowly, moved his head an inch towards Loki, He noticed it but Thor didn't.

"Thor, he moved his head." Loki said, Thor opened his eyes and sighed. "At this point you are hallucinating." Thor closed his eyes to fall back asleep.

"you can stop being Odin's servant and go back to your room, i'm not telling you anything." Loki growled, Thor opened his eyes and grabbed his hammer "It's father. to you." he murmured tiredly.

"HES NOT MY FATHER!" Loki snapped, Anakin squeezed Loki's hand again, but he didn't say anything about it. "Frigga was the only one in this damned family that actually cared about me and my well-being." Thor put his head down sighing, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"what makes you think me and father don't care about you Loki?" Thor looked back up at his brother's distressed eyes.

"you both don't trust me, never did, mother always believed in me, she saw the good in me."

"Because you terrorized earth Loki! you tried to destroy Jötunheim and take Asgard's throne!" Thor snapped, Loki sighed putting his head down to look back at Anakin.

"i did that so people would notice me! you, Father, Sif, the warrior three, they all ignored me as if i was NOTHING!" Loki growled "i'm just a piece of dirt that they kick in the grass, nothing!"