Chapter 11

(Natasha's POV)

We arrived in Obi-Wan's quarters, and i'm still not feeling confident at all with this, Ahsoka wants me to make a move, but what if i get rejected?

Ahsoka asked Tony and Steve if they wanted to train, Obi-Wan was busy on his tablet/datapad to even Notice Ahsoka come in then out, and i was stuck on the couch awkwardly watching.

"Hey Natasha." Obi-Wan said after a while, i gave a crooked smile "hello."

Obi-Wan went back to tapping away on his datapad, with his tea in his other hand, he looked way to interested in what he was doing, his eyebrows furrowed, eyes sparkled in the datapad light, his fingers tapped on his cup.

"what are you doing?" i asked tapping my foot awkwardly, this is not like me, i'm fierce, merciless, a warrior, not a damn child in puppy love. what is wrong with me?

"paperwork from some recent missions." he said, i got up and sat next to him at the table. "like what?" i seem nosy.

"it was a war that happened before we found out about Earth, we were so caught up in earth that the paperwork and everything got abandoned, i'm a master and it sucks doing paperwork, but that's my job i guess." he said softly and took a small sip of his tea, i smiled slightly and fondled with my hands.

"what's your backstory, how did you become a Jedi? a master?" I asked, making conversation, and a big part of me hoped that it isn't to personal or to close to home for him, i wouldn't want to make him uncomfortable at all.

he put down his datapad and sighed rubbing a hand over his face. "i don't remember much, but i grew up in the temple, training everyday, meditating, it was my dream to be a Jedi. i turned into a young padawan where i can go on missions with my master Qui-Gon Jinn, he was like a father to me, he took care of me, he helped me when i was hurt, comforted me when i was sad, made me laugh. one day, we went to tatooine to look for parts for a ship to go to naboo. i stayed behind on the ship while Padmè, Qui-Gon, R2D2, and Jar Jar went on Tatooine to find the parts, next thing you know i get messages from Qui-Gon saying he found a very force sensitive child. Anakin. he was 9, and a slave. they brought him back to the ship to become a Jedi, that's where i met him. we went to Naboo and came across this sith, we thought sith didn't exist anymore, we were so wrong. my master and i fought him, i was stuck behind a force shield while i watched that sith penetrate my master with his lightsaber, i felt helpless, i screamed on the top of my lungs at the sight, my masters eyes when he fell, they were lifeless, fearful. once the shield disappeared i got angry and fought him, i cut him in half and left him there to die. so i went to check on my master and he was barely hanging onto life, he wanted me to train Anakin, to be his master. i promised i would be, i was only 19. i had to leave him to go back to the ship and back to Coursant. if you couldn't guess that damned Sith was Maul. i trained Anakin ever since, i treated him as my son. the Council didn't want me training Anakin since i was to young to become a knight, but i convinced them. after many years of training, Anakin became a knight, i became a master. we ranked up." i could see the sorrow and regret in his eyes, and i was speechless.

"it isn't your fault that you master died, Maul put that shield there and you sat there helpless and it isn't your fault, none of that is. there was nothing you could do." i said and put my hand over his, he looked at my hand and took his away and coughed awkwardly.

"i've gotten over it, i'm fine." he said and went back to his datapad tapping away, i noticed that these Jedi keep to themselves, they don't show their emotion or tell anyone how they feel, and that's not healthy, but i shouldn't talk. i do the same thing.

I put my fingers on the corner of the datapad and put it down on the table, Obi-Wan looked at me confused "don't hide your feelings Obi-Wan." i said softly, Obi-Wan sighed and took another sip of tea. "Obi-Wan seriously." he looked at me, anger and pain filled his blue ocean eyes, and i just wanted to hold him until he felt better. "please." i pleaded, he smiled and snickered "Natasha, you're sweet, really. but i'm okay, that was years ago." i looked down and sighed, there was no getting through to him.