Famiglia

E L L I A N A - R O S E

Mama Gia thought it would be a good idea if we had our introductions over an early dinner.

So right now, I'm texting Matty and telling him everything that has happened so far.

As I finished texting him, Mama called us to sit at the table.

"So bug, how have you been?", Mama asked me when I sat down between Nico and Wade.

"Uh...as good as I can be I guess.", I answered.

"Well, how is Matthias doing?", Papa asked.

"He's doing good. He told me to tell you guys he said hi and that he'll be over tomorrow after I leave.", I replied without thinking.

"Why can't you both just come at the same time and stay for dinner? I was going to make your favorite.", Mama asked curiously.

"Well Matty will be busy when I'm free and I'll be busy when he's free.", I explained.

I mean it's not totally a lie. I will be busy. They just don't know doing what.

"Busy with what?", Papa questioned.

"Cleaning.", I lied while playing with my hair.

They both stared at me intensely knowing I was lying.

I should've known I wouldn't have gotten away with that, they both practically raised me and knew me like the back of their hands.

"We'll let that slide for now, but I expect an answer before you leave.", Mama scolded me making me blush and look down.

"Now, time for introductions.", Nonna Grace announced.

"This here is my husband Pablo Russo, feel free to call him Nonno. We're the parents of Giovanna, who's married to Ares, and the parents of Nico, Lorenzo, Luca, Luna, and Lena.", Nonna Grace began.

"This is our other daughter Tia and her husband Roberto Donatello. They're Wade's parents.", she explained.

"And over here,", she said pointing to a couple who I'd seen pictures of in Matty's office, "are Antonio and Rosaline Caputo or the other set of Nonna and Nonno who are the parents of Ares, Alonzo, and Antonio Jr.".

I knew of Antonio Caputo because he was the man who tried to take over my dad's mafia but failed terribly. Clearly.

My dad told me stories of how he pretended to want to get closer to our family only to betray them and sell information to other mafia's so the Italian mafia no longer had anything to hold over anyone, which was a stupid plan honestly.

I try to keep my small glare subtle but I think Mama caught on to what I was thinking.

"They made up afterward El.", Mama said making all eyes go on her in confusion.

"What do you mean?", I asked pretending I had no clue.

"I saw the way you looked at him and I know you know that he and your father weren't the best of friends, but after their small feud they were okay with each other.", she explained making everyone realize what was going on.

"My Papi always told me it was anything but a small feud, seeing as it lasted over three years, I wouldn't call it a small feud either.", I said picking at my food.

"Well, your father always had his way of telling the story. But you should always hear both sides before you judge the other one.", Antonio said making me look up at him.

"Sorry.", I said not wanting to start an argument.

"It's all good.", he said smiling.

"Back to the introductions, this is Alonzo and Lashaunda Caputo.", Nonna Grace introduced.