Words

N I C O 

I'd be lying if I said Lia didn't hurt my feelings when she told us she'd rather hang out with her other friends.

I don't exactly know why I feel hurt. I mean, it's not like she has to hang out with us.

Right now, the guys and I are walking into the house after school.

"Wade!", Kade shouted while jumping off of the couch to hug him.

I thought I was his favorite. Way to kick a man that's already down Kade.

"Hey buddy.", Wade said smiling slightly as he picked Kade up.

"Well, won't you look at that? The kid softened the evil teddy bear.", our uncle Alonzo laughed, walking into the living room with the rest of the adults as we were all getting hugs from Luna and Lena.

"Aww!", cooed the women in the room making Wade blush slightly before rolling his eyes.

"You're blushing too? I gotta tell Elli.", Dave chuckled before pulling his phone out to call her but was quickly stopped by me.

"Hey! Give me my phone back.", David whined like a baby.

"She asked us not to bother her while she's with her new friends.", I told him before shoving his phone back into his hands.

"Well damn, you don't have to get pissy with me just because she doesn't want to talk to you.", David replied before getting scolded by my mom.

"Do you boys have any homework?", mom asked as we made our way to the kitchen with Kade.

We all answered no and grabbed our snacks.

"Did you have fun with your Nonno, Nonna, and the twins today Kadence?", Tristan asked as Wade sat him on the bar.

"Yes.", Kade whispered shyly.

"Did you get that from the petting zoo?", I asked, now noticing the stuffed blue rabbit in his hand.

He only nodded in response. I hope he warms up to us soon, he wasn't this shy a while ago when I used to call them some nights. Maybe because we don't see him too often.

"What's his name?", Enzo asked him next.

"Sam.", he answered looking at the rabbit.

Sam? For a rabbit?

"Cool name Kade.", Wade told him making him smile slightly.

"Did you already have a snack?", I asked him.

"Mmhm.", he nodded.

We all ended up talking a bit longer, trying to get Kadence to talk more, before just watching TV with the twins and Nonna Rose.

"Well, what are we going to do until Elli gets back?", David asked after the movie went off and the girls went to play dress up. They tried dragging Kade along but Wade stopped them.

"We could play the game.", Luca suggested making us all nod.

We all get up and walk upstairs with Kade slowly following, still holding his rabbit.

"What are you boys about to do?", Dad asked us when we passed him in the hallway.

"We're about to play the game until Elli gets back.", Enzo answered.

"What kind of games? I hope you're not planning to play any shooting games with Kade there.", he questioned.

"We'll probably play Mario Kart or something.", I shrugged, knowing we'd still have fun playing those games too.