Boss

E L L I A N A - R O S E

"Do you want to take over the Italian mafia?", Papa asked me.

A painful silence filled the room as I tried to think of the best way to answer the question I'd been holding off on answering for a while.

"I'll be honest. I do want to, but I don't want to at the moment. Maybe sometime after I have everything settled with all of my other businesses and smaller organizations, so it's not too much for me at once.", I finally answer.

"A big part of running the mafia is being able to control several organizations at once. You sure you'll be up for that?", Uncle Toni spoke unsurely.

"Along with random accidents and mishaps that you have to be prepared to deal with whenever they come because I'm telling you now, you'll have a lot of random problems that could mess up lots of plans that you might end up having to revise completely.", Nonno Tonio added.

"I know. I'm sure I'd be able to handle it all, as long as I have someone by my side.", I say glancing at Nico and then at Tristan.

"As in a second in command?", Tristan asked.

"Yeah.", I say to him.

"And who do you have in mind for that position?", Nico asked.

"Both you and Tristan are best fit for that position, so it'd be up to you two to decide who's better for the spot.", I acknowledge aloud.

"But it'll be your mafia. You'd have to decide who you want to work with you.", Papa said.

"Well, I'm still indecisive at the moment.", I shrugged.

"Which is another reason I think it'd be better if I took over until you're actually ready and capable of making decisions.", Nico jumped in.

What the hell got into him?

"I'm very much capable of making decisions.", I debated.

"I'm talking about big decisions, not ones that'll always be okay with either choice you make.", He argued back.

"You're one to talk. What big decision have you ever had to make? If you should play the PlayStation or do homework? If you should keep failing algebra or get a tutor? Or which girl you want to hook up with next, yeah those sound like very big decisions.", I challenged, mostly to see how mad he'll get, but this dude is pissing me off now.

And here I thought we were becoming good friends.

"Yeah, sure. But I'm not the only one having trouble deciding what I want am I?", he then asked in a questioning tone.

"What are you even talking about?", I rolled my eyes now getting irritated.

"How you're having trouble deciding if you want to be with girls or boys.", he said as if it's something bad.

"Just because I kissed Carter doesn't mean I want a relationship with her. I made that very clear to both you and her. And just because I rejected you doesn't mean I'm not into guys, which by the way, wouldn't be a fucking problem if I wasn't.", I defended, standing up already over this new attitude Nico has. Who the fuck does this bitch think he is?  

"Okay you two, cut it out!", Papa shouted, making me sit back down with my arms crossed but not removing the scowl and glare from my face.

"We're in here to discuss something serious. You two can argue about who gets more pussy later.", uncle Roberto exclaimed making Papa smack the back of his head. 

"Anyways!", Nonno Tonio announced, shifting the subject. "Whether you both like girls or not, the mafia needs a new leader, and very soon.", he declared.