Smooth

E L L I A N A - R O S E

Quietness.

This is what I notice after brushing my hand against the now cold sheets beside me.

I expected to see the boys still laying down though instead, I hear the sound of chattering coming from outside the room door.

What am I going to say to him when I go out there?

I can't just up and say "We need to talk about us being together" in front of everyone, but who knows if we'll ever have a minute alone.

Sure, it's clear we work well together and are pretty attracted to each other, well I'm pretty attracted to him and sort of believe he feels somewhat the same, but what if nothing is the same if we...figured out our feelings and later find out we don't work?

I figured they went downstairs now that I don't hear anything coming from outside the door.

I get out of bed and make my way to the bathroom.

I do my business and while washing my hands I finally glance in the mirror. Woah, she's kinda cute. I mean, her hair could be a little more tamed, and maybe add some lipgloss then boom, she's hot.

I brush my teeth and leave the bathroom. Instead of leaving the room, I go into the closet and grab one of Wade's hoodies he has thrown on the floor. I quickly smell it to make sure it's not dirty or stinky.

It just smells like him. So of course, I threw it on, allowing it to practically swallow me, before leaving his room and going downstairs then into the dining area where I hear laughter.

"What's funny?", I asked softly smiling as I entered the dining room.

"Kade, tell your mama what you just tried.", Papa told him while smiling.

"Crepe.", Kade answered, now smiling too, clearly proud of himself though he's had crepes before.

"Grapes, he means a grape.", Wade corrected as I sat down in the seat next to him that Kade previously occupied.

"Oh.", I chuckled slightly. That makes more sense. Of course, he'd try them for Wade, he always threw a fit when I'd put them in our fruit bowls though.

"Ridiculous.", I hear an annoying voice grumble. Nico.

As I turn to see what his problem was he was already getting up and leaving the table.

"Who pissed in his cheerios?", I asked Wade in a whisper after eating the pineapple Kade stuffed in my mouth.

"How should I know? He's like that 80 percent of the time he's awake.", he said making me nod in agreement.

"Will you have a minute to talk later? Privately.", I asked after a minute once everyone started chatting across the table.

"Yeah, of course. What about?", he said. Oh come on, he has to know exactly what I'm talking about.

"Um, I don't know. I guess me and you, and Kade.", I answered to his satisfaction.

"What about us?", he asked knowingly.

"Just that. Us.", I answered before turning my attention back to the table, leaving him to think to himself.

"How'd you guys sleep bug? I heard a little someone being fussy early this morning, is he okay now?", Mama asked, glancing between me and Kade who was tiredly resting his head on Wade's chest, still facing the table.

"He's still a little warm, but seeing as he's eating, I'd say his stomach is feeling better but he's probably still tired.", I told her as I play with Kade's hair.