Us?

E L L I A N A - R O S E

I can't turn my brain off.

I swear I've been trying since dinner but every two minutes something else happens to make my mind wander even more.

Like how Wade and I were caught staring at each other at dinner but no one said anything. Or, how I'm wearing his clothes to bed instead of my own simply because he offered and I said yes because I wanted to. Oh yeah, and the biggest thing, is how I'm currently in bed with him and Kade, which only happened due to Kade's tantrum about not being able to sleep with us both.

Wade thought it was cute so he invited us to sleep in his room, despite my refusal. He and Kade ganged up on me with stupid pouts, how could I say no? Clearly, I couldn't.

The only sound other than my thoughts running wild is the sounds of the boys beside me softly snoring and the low voices of the TV that was left on in case Kade wakes up while Wade and I are sleeping.

"Stop thinking and go to sleep. I can practically hear your thoughts, it's annoying.", I hear a low voice mumble.

"How'd you even know I was still awake?", I whispered.

"You're not moving. You said Kade gets his moving in his sleep from you, but he's the only one I feel moving.", he explained as we turned to face each other.

"Kind of hard to not think when you left me questioning a lot earlier.", I mumble while watching my tiny baby start to stir in his sleep between us.

"He's kind of warm, no?", Wade asked, sitting up slightly.

"Yeah. Earlier I thought it was from the onesie, but I'm not sure anymore.", I say while brushing the damp hair out of Kade's face.

"You think he's sick? Maybe that's why he was whiny before bed.", Wade suggested.

"Could be. He'll let me know when he wakes up if he is feeling sick.", I said before sitting up all the way to take off Kade's clothes as he began to whimper in his sleep.

"Should I go grab a wet rag or something?", Wade asked me, moving to get out of the bed.

"Only if you feel like it, I don't think he'll keep it on his body though.", I told him after folding Kade's pajamas putting them on the nightstand, and holding Kade to my chest once he started stirring more.

Wade came out of his bathroom with a cold damp washcloth and placed it on Kade's back causing his whines to become wails.

"Mama.", he began to cry.

"It's okay. Bub, you're okay.", I assure him while rocking him back and forth.

"Mama.", he cried louder.

"What's wrong baby?", I asked softly rubbing his back.

"I icky.", he sobbed, rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand.

"Where does it feel icky? Your tummy? Your head?", I ask, sitting him up straight still on my lap.

"Tummy.", he whimpered.

"Do you have to go potty or maybe throw up?", I asked next.

"Tummy hurt.", he cried more.

"I know, sweet boy. What do you want Mama to do to make you feel better?", I asked hopelessly.

"Wan Mama milk.", he told me before reaching under my shirt.

"You don't want to try milk from the new cup I got you?", Wade intruded. 

"No.", Kade cried out.

"Okay baby, calm down first.", I tell him softly.

I gently pulled him away from me before changing his position on my lap so he was now lying comfortably across me.