Regrouping

E L L I A N A - R O S E

I've been thinking about a lot of things recently.

Like how I never sat with the group of friends I met on my first day, except for in one class. Or like how I can't get Kade to calm down with breastfeeding. And especially how I'm getting extremely close with the family, a bit too fast.

I'm thinking about taking a small break away from them. I mean, I see the boys every day as it is, I can't get a break from them. The least I can do is not sit with them at lunch or something. Hopefully, when I don't, they don't think I'm ignoring them, well for the wrong reason.

After Matty and I did background checks on my new friends and their families, I knew I wanted to keep them around. Especially Breelyn, after I saw on her record that she was detained for trespassing on someone's property and letting their dogs loose.

Right now, Kade and I are eating breakfast and waiting for Matty to get here. I don't know what's taking him so long, he's usually raiding the kitchen before we even wake up.

"Bub stay here for Mama, I'm just going to go call Matty.", I told Kade as I placed him on the couch in the living room to watch TV.

I go back to the kitchen and call Matty. I make sure to put my phone on speaker so I can clean up our dishes as I talk to him.

"Hello?", Matty answers.

"Hey, Matty. Are you okay? Are you still coming over?", I asked worriedly.

"Uh...I don't know if I can make it there today El, a lot is going on in the office right now and I won't be able to leave for a while.", he said frustrated.

"Oh. Um...okay, that's fine. Let me know if there's anything I could do to help you out.", I replied.

"Okay. I'm sorry for letting you know last minute, I was too caught up in everything.", he apologized.

"It's fine Matty, really. You have no reason to apologize, I completely understand that you're a busy person and that everything doesn't revolve around me and my schedule.", I reassured him as I sat on the couch with Kade.

"Thanks, El. So, what are you going to do about Kadence?", he asked making me sigh.

"I guess stay here with him, I don't really have another option.", I concluded rubbing my forehead in frustration.

"How about you ask Gia and Ares to look after him? I'm sure they'd love to spend more time with him.", he suggested.

"I don't know, they might be busy.", I said.

"El...you and I both know that Gia doesn't work anymore. Plus it's Wednesday, and their offices are closed.", Matty convinced me.

"Okay, I'll call and ask.", I complied.

"Good. Okay, I have to go now, but call me when you get home from school if I haven't got in touch with you yet.", he told me.

"Okay, I will. See you later, love you.", I said back.

"Love you too, give the little one a kiss for me.", he laughed before hanging up making me chuckle before giving Kade a small peck on the head.

"Bub I need to ask you something.", I told Kade before pausing the TV.

"Huh Mama?", he asked turning his attention to me.

"How do you feel about spending the day with Nonna and Nonno?", I asked him carefully. I just want to be sure he's comfortable with being left with them for a while before I just drop him off there.

"And Mama?", he asked back.

"No, just you and them. Mama has to go to school.", I replied brushing his hair out of his face.