Meeting

N I C O

She has a son.

That was her secret.

It all makes so much sense now; the person she called 'baby', her always being busy after school, her wanting her own place, her saying she doesn't live alone, everything is coming together now.

I just can't believe she told me her secret first.

It most definitely wasn't what I was expecting to hear, but it isn't the worst news I guess.

At least she's single.

My only questions now are; who's the father and how'd it happen if she was kidnapped a few years ago?

I guess she'll tell me when she's ready, I just wish I knew now.

After seeing the picture of her and Kadence I haven't been able to stop thinking about how much they look alike and how much I want to meet him. If she lets me that is. I really hope she does.

I noticed the way she tensed when I asked when I could meet him, she wasn't expecting me to ask that but how could I not want to meet the one who's taking up all of her time?

Her response was just a simple chuckle to avoid the question.

After that, we both walked downstairs and to the dining room for lunch, all of the females stared at us as shocked as if we just finished doing something we had no business doing.

"What?", I questioned after we sat down.

"Nothing. Just surprised your dad let her shower in your room and wear your clothes.", my mom said looking at my dad with slightly wide eyes.

"I trust him enough not to do anything they both know I wouldn't want to happen.", he said shrugging and taking a bite out of his pizza.

"The pizza is really good Nonna.", Lia complemented making Nonna Grace blush.

"Oh, thank you, dear. Though it was your idea to add those other seasonings to the sauce.", she thanked as she started smiling big. If Nonna loves anything, it's complements.

"I knew it tasted familiar. It's the same way Alice used to make it.", Mom commented.

"Yeah, I still have all of her recipes in the scrapbook she started.", Lia replied smiling.

"She was a big cooker?", zia Tia guessed.

"Yes, she'd cook everything. Even if it was her first time making it, it'd still turn out amazing.", she said back chuckling softly.

"Leo on the other hand, that man could burn water.", Dad commented making everyone laugh.

"You're one to talk Papa, don't forget what you did on my tenth birthday.", Lia said raising an eyebrow, making him groan and Mom laugh.

"God, sometimes I hate that you remember everything.", he said jokingly. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see her smile falter but I decided not to comment on it.

"Okay, now I have to know what happened. What'd he do?", Nonna Rose asked, ready for gossip about her son.

"He and Papi thought they would surprise me with a homemade cake instead of buying one from the store as my mom told them to, but of course, they were stubborn and didn't listen and ended up forgetting to set the timer because they were too busy goofing around in the man cave. Long story short, we had to redo the entire kitchen and I had no cake.", she explained playfully glaring at Dad while everyone else laughed.

"I said I was sorry", dad complained.

"Yeah, and you also said 'We got this bug, we're real men, we can bake a cake no problem', but look what happened.", she recited in a macho tone making us laugh harder.