Revelation

E L L I A N A - R O S E

I slip into my fighting outfit; some black athletic shorts and a matching sports bra top before I wrap my hands up.

I've never been nervous before, but this time I am. Maybe it's just because I actually know the people who'll be watching me this time and rooting for me to win. There's no way I'll lose but I'm still a tad bit nervous.

"You ready kiddo?", Owen asked as he came into the locker room with my gloves in hand.

"Ready as I'll ever be.", I shrugged.

"You okay? You're usually more hyped before a fight.", he pointed out.

"It's just, I've never really had people in the audience that are here for me that I know personally.", I told him truthfully.

"Who? The Caputo's?", he asked surprised.

"Yeah. Why do you sound so shocked?", I asked him as he moved to stand behind me so he could braid my hair.

"I figured they would come, but not to see you. No offense, just saying they usually all make an appearance when really big fighters come to town. I'm guessing you haven't told them yet.", he said while finishing off the braid.

"Well...I was going to but then I kind of backed out.", I muttered now looking at my feet.

"El-", he started to say.

"I know, I know. But I still told one of them, Wade.", I defended causing him to nod, understanding I always take a little while to share stuff with everyone.

"Well, they'll find out sooner or later. Actually sooner, you're up in two minutes.", he reminded me after checking his watch.

"Okay, I'm ready.", I told him certainly.

We both leave the locker room and make our way to the ring.

On our way there, I spot the guys, girls, and Papa with his father and brothers all sitting in the  VIP watcher booths above the crowds.

Right before I slip on my mask I glance back over to where Jakob and the girls are standing, and truth be told, he was wearing a t-shirt with my masked face on it and "#1 fan!" under the picture, just like he said he would.

"Hey, doll. You sure you're ready to take me?", an annoying voice from above me spoke in a very conceited tone.

I look above me only to be met with a face staring at me with an excessively obnoxious smile.

"Casanova. Tanner Casanova.", he introduced holding out his hand for me to shake, still showing all of his teeth with the huge smirk on his face.

Why do people introduce themselves that way? I'll never understand.

"I'd rather catch shingles.", I replied coldly as I ducked under his extended arm, climbing into the ring.

"You're a feisty one huh.", he chuckled.

"You'd think your attitude would be less bold seeing you're as tall as a leprechaun.", he laughed loudly putting all the attention on us, some others laughed along with him but more booed at him and his lame insult.

It would've been funnier if I weren't ten seconds away from beating his ass.

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen!", the boxing MC announced loudly making everyone cheer.

"Tonight we have the big and boisterous Tanner Casanova!", he introduced Tanner causing about half of the crowd to cheer and chant his name.

"And over here, we have the biggest all-time champ since her trainer Owen Preston, the one and only Cattiva Rosa!", he shouted making everyone else do the same for me.