Sleepover

WARNING: mature content

E L L I A N A - R O S E

I'm currently in my kitchen laughing my ass off while watching Kade order Wade around on Facetime, making sure he's listening to what I called to ask him to do with Kade.

"No, like this.", Kade ordered before snatching the toaster strudel and icing packet out of Wade's hands and began applying the icing himself.

"My goodness, I can't do anything right with this kid can I?", Wade asked jokingly while looking at me through the phone making me chuckle with him.

"Nope.", Kade answered while licking the icing off of his tiny fingers making Wade and I laugh.

"Baby, be nice to Wade, he's only trying to help you.", I told Kade.

"Kay Mama.", he sighed before continuing to eat his very unhealthy breakfast.

"What were you talking about before we were interrupted by Kade's lecture on how to do everything the right way?", Wade asked playfully as he walked to the other side of the kitchen so Kade was no longer a part of the conversation.

"I was just calling to check on you two.", I shrugged smiling, not telling the full truth.

"And to check if I gave him his medicine?", Wade questioned knowingly.

"And to check if you gave him his medicine.", I confirmed shyly. How'd he catch on so quickly?

"I already did, right before you called and he started eating.", he assured me.

"Okay, thanks.", I said softly.

"You don't have to thank me.", he reminded me, though we both know I still will when I want.

"Anyways, what are you about to do? Aren't your friends coming to your house for the sleepover thing?", he asked as he set the phone down next to him. The camera was now on him and Kade, both were eating sliced fruit Wade just grabbed from the refrigerator.

"Yeah, they'll be here later. I still have to go get a few things from the store.", I answered while I made my way back upstairs and into my closet.

"Oh. You should've told me, I could've gotten Kade ready and we would have gone shopping with you so you're not out alone.", he told me.

"No it's fine, Kade doesn't like to be out too long and I'm not sure how long I'll be out before the sleepover starts. Plus, I have a few guards around and I'm pretty sure Papa sent some people to follow me around too.", I shared with him as I looked for an outfit.

"Okay. Well, be safe. And have fun.", he said before wiping off Kade's messy hands.

"I will. Bye bub, I'll see you tomorrow okay?", I say.

"Kay Mama, love you.", Kade said before blowing me a kiss through the phone.

"I love you too stinky.", I smiled and blew a kiss back.

I said goodbye to Wade before finally hanging up and calling the next person I needed to talk to.

"Hey girl.", she answered.

"Hey Nia, are you doing anything today?", I asked her.

"No, not until tonight anyway. Why? What's up?", she answered.

"Just wondering if you wanted to come to my house for a sleepover with me, Carter, Breelyn, and Sara. I know it's last-minute, sorry.", I tell her.

"Yeah, I'd love to. But I'd have to leave around eight. My mom wanted me to go to this book thing with her. You know how she is with her favorite authors' books.", she told me making us both laugh.